And Arugula Lace:)
All kidding aside..Laura..Miss Flowers..first introduced me to the pearls..I finally found some..sooo cute!
You will love her blog..I have MANY recipes dogeared:)
I thought they would be a nice addition to an arugula salad.. w/ Anna Olsen's sugared pecans and caramelized onions..
I have never made an Anna Olsen recipe I have not thoroughly enjoyed~ Remember the sandwich cake? I loved that idea of hers..It was such a nice addition to Noah's Baby Shower~
Here is the pecan recipe..
Easiest I have ever made..
Maple Toasted Pecans
* 2 cup pecan halves
* 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
* 1 tsp ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Toss pecans with maple syrup and black pepper to coat. Spread pecans on prepared tray and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, without stirring, until toasted. Once cooled the maple syrup will caramelize onto pecans.
2. Store pecans in an airtight container for up to a month.
And the delicious onions~
Pickled Red Onions
* 4 cup sliced red onions
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1/3 honey
* 1 cup dry white wine
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 1 tsp salt
1. Simmer all ingredients, uncovered, over medium heat until onions are tender and liquid has evaporated.
2. Pickled red onions will keep for up to 6 weeks, refrigerated
Jacques made his perfect balsamic vinaigrette.. and it was a great little salad.. we had grilled Mahi- Mahi.. broccoli and home baked fries to go with the salad:)