Mon petit jardin suffered at the beginning of the year..but there is a renouveau..
Although drier now..more sun..
Doesn't it look like an edible southern Christmas tree? Little dangling decorations..
It brought my raspberries to life again!!
I have little fingers that love to pick..and I love those little fingers and the picking:)
But what I did salvage I put to use!:)
I was perusing blogs last week and found this at Kevin's~
Yes I did have blueberries..but store bought..~
I did though....have FRESH home grown raspberries and I love raspberries and lemon..Do you too?
I love the condensed milk with the lemon rind and juice..it's perfection.. I love oats and brown sugar and butter..I love raspberries..
I sound like I love everything..I almost do quite truthfully.
GREAT recipe..a keeper.. voted so by Jacques and I~
Blueberry Crumb Bars with Lemon Cream Filling
(makes 9+ bars)
3/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg (separated)
3/4 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 cups blueberries
1. Mix the butter, flours, rolled oats, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl until it forms crumbs.
2. Set 1 cup of the mixture aside for the topping.
3. Mix the egg white into the mixture.
4. Press the mixture into the bottom of a greased 8 inch square baking pan.
5. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile mix the egg yolk into the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and zest and let it sit.
7. Spread the blueberries out over the bottom crust and top with the lemon mixture.
8. Bake until the lemon mixture forms a shiny skin, about 7-8 minutes.
9. Sprinkle on the reserved crumbs.
10. Bake until the top is golden brown and the sides are bubbling, about 20-25 minutes.
I really could just keep picking and picking:)~
Like Lulu did..