Saturday, December 15, 2018

Cookietown~










Been baking cookies cookies cookies and bars:)
If you have a rolling pin that makes designs..you cannot go wrong with this recipe!
It is such a keeper.
My daughter borrowed two of my stamp cookie cutters and on her very first try..they came out perfect!
So if you own a stamp etc..rolling pin..and have not been successful I encourage you to try the recipe from The Lemon Apron~

I mention our Christmas stockings during the holidays and I am asked to share them..on occasion..so I usually pop them in here and there  for newcomers.

I made my very first one ..a snowman holding a snowbaby's hands..representing Frédérick holding Lucas' hands.
Lucas is our firstborn grandson..
Then I made Lucas', then our daughters..Alain..then Max and Noah and Oli..one for Jacques..one for me and an extra one.
The last 3 are never filled:)

I owe making these stockings to a  friend I had.

She taught me everything..
She sent me supplies to begin..and links on where to purchase wool etc.
She drew some for me..Mylène,my daughter drew the others♥
She video 'd herself showing me how to proceed.
For this I shall be forever grateful.

It's funny..I make small felt ornaments..that I give to my daughters..I have run out of patterns now..egads..
But Caroline wrote to me the day she put her tree up and told me that she liked my ornaments best of all.♥
And that Lucas said:"When I move out will nana make me some?"
Moments like those make me want to be here forever..

I made sugar cookies and used my huge Birkmann cutters..Statement cookies lol!
Either as an individual gift or poking out of stockings wrapped in cello.
I am rather supercalifragilistically smitten w/ my Canal Homes..The cutters are from Fancy Flours..Winter Village Cutter and Stencil Set.
$$  but imagine for me in Canadian funds.One million dollars;)
I still say..worth it.
We had a snowglobe day Tuesday..light snow all day falling gently..
Wednesday rose brilliantly sparkly w/ blue skies and sunshine.
I love days like these.
Truly Christmas weather.






These last little cookies are the best gingerbread cookies I have eaten.I used my Pain d'Epices spices from Provence..but it is the icing sugar instead of sugar that makes such a crisp lovely cookie..
You can find the fab recipe here..from Susan;)
More inspo from Susan~





Happy Baking


33 comments:

  1. Dearest Monique, your cookies seem to be deliciou, besides being sooooo cute!
    I’ll go for the receipt..
    Wish you a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love!!!! your Cookietown! They're all wonderful, infused with meaning and connection to your family, your memories, tradition and other bakers...But those last ones hanging in the window, Extraordinaire!!! What is that bakery sign? Are those letters put into the frame of your window?
    I love that you had a snow globe day of Christmas weather. We had a late autumn day today, gentle temperatures, snow gone, many people outdoors in what seemed to be the freshest air! Something coming soon....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! In May my daughters and I went shopping in the US and I found that wood bakery sign at Hobby Lobby..when I got home I placed it there right away:)
      WE still have snow cover and I hope it stays!!:)Even another sprinkling would be grand!

      Delete
  3. Love yours cookies are adorable !!!! love to make cookies in Christmas (my mom always made)
    and of course I love all yours pictures!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am certain I know where your thoughts drift too..it was 45 yrs this Deecember for me..and they still drift♥Truel love♥Thinking of you~

      Delete
  4. I yet to start my cookie baking session. Tomorrow I must start. Otherwise I cannot finish before the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monique, every little thing is so magical. Thank you for sharing your little stories of the stockings. That little lad knows a good thing when he sees something made by Nana’s talented hands.
    Diana Dalla Costa Rich

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love all your beautiful Christmas stockings and cookies! Our family is gluten free for the most part, so baking is not as much fun as it used to be. What fun for your littles to have such a creative Nana.💖.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you are SOOO creative:) I just like to keep things organized here on my blog.I have had it for such a long time..it's brought me something I can't explain:)
      It's been exponentially invaluable♥
      Jacques had to be gluten free for a while several yrs back..and what an adjustment.I admire everyone who has mastered altering their cooking etc..yrs ago..I had never heard of gluten free..say..20 yrs ago.
      Have a lovely Sunday.I am sure your in prep mode and getting better every day:)

      Delete
  7. May the Christmas season fill your home with joy, your heart with love and your life with laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so sweet ♥ I haven't started making my gingerbread yet but the dough is made and in the frig. I think your hearts turned out beautifully! So pretty on your window with your 'snow globe' background. We have zero snow left with the 40F degree weather we've had the past few days. I feel sorry for the ski hills that are hoping for business during Christmas vacation. I want to try the glazed cookies from Lemon Apron! They are so pretty and sound delish. You did such a beautiful job on your stockings, true works of art!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merco mon amie..do you remember the heirloom cookie stamps you gave me? The lemon apron recipe would be great with those too:)
      Never ending reminders of you everywhere in this home of ours.
      Thank you♥

      Delete
    2. Great idea! Similar reminders here, Pea ♥

      Delete
  9. Love your gingerbread hearts hanging in the windows. How sweet to have a true Christmas background, full of snow. You truly have a gift of baking and decorating. Your family is blessed having you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Linda..look how lucky your family is.You are such a gift to your mom and her freinds and you were with your dad too!

      Delete
  10. Oh Monique...I can’t stop looking at those stockings! They are all Works of Art, by a very talented artist! So detailed, colourful, and full of love❤️
    Wishing you and your beautiful family a joyous Christmas!

    Linda🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♥Thank you!! I am disappointed your card has not arrived yet:( I sent it 2 weeks to the day..

      Delete
    2. I must tell you though..every little inch is stitched.. and a lot of the add ons have sentimental value..but none of these stockings would be what they are without the fabulous seamstress fingers of a lovely lovely lady..Frances.
      She took me on 13 plus yrs ago..she took my needlepoints and turned them into lined velvet backed tasseled stockings.
      She was the one that made them into how lovely they are:)♥
      And she was so nice!!!
      At one point she even sewed some up for the friend that taught me how.
      They were shipped to California and the recipient was overjoyed.
      Frances is an angel♥

      Delete
    3. What a great story Monique💙
      I have only received 1 card so far! Did you get mine?
      Darn postal strike!

      Delete
    4. No..what surprises me is that overseas took one week or less US 10 days-2 weeks..so is yours lost?Ours?🙁🙁🙁

      Delete
  11. I needed this peaceful, beautiful post this morning. My baking isn't even started, and between company and being sick (no one wants something you baked if they know you were sick when baking!), no opportunity. Hoping to begin today or tomorrow. But this -- THIS gives me inspiration. I am filled with awe (you really could do this and make a fortune, even in Canadian dollars!). And the stockings. WOW. I haven't needlepointed in a long time -- I might have to show mine but it's not nearly so detailed. That had to take forever. It also had to be one of the most wonderful things you could share with your family.

    I love that they love you and what you make so much and have that joy and awe. You are blessed, Monique. Beautifully, wonderfully blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanie ..I am very grateful for my family..it's all I have and want❤️I know as everyone gets older and older things will change so I am really taking in the days!
      I would love to see yours!I think I wanted to make my friend proud and then it snowballed:)I am still so happy with them..☺️☺️☺️Hope you feel better soon!

      Delete
  12. videoder
    videoder app
    videoder apk
    videoder download

    I love that they love you and what you make so much and have that joy and awe. You are blessed, Monique. Beautifully, wonderfully blessed.

    ReplyDelete