Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Some Kind Of Wonderful~ Beautiful~

♥ Forgive this self-indulgent post~











But only once in your life do you become a senior citizen;)
That's me now.. 65.

At this point in my life I have outlived my mom by 10 yrs.. she was 55...when she left..my dad by 3.. he was 62.. 6 months after my mom..the night I got married..at 20.
A brother by almost 30.
And a sister I never knew..
Sounds maudlin..

It's not..I am grateful to see my Littles grow up.My mom never had this joy.
She would have adored her grandchildren..every single one of them.
Karina..John..Jennifer..Christopher and Mylène and Caroline..♥

There are seasons to a life..like those tulips:)

I am sure their mommy said:"It's nana's bday..  make some cards .."lol..
But it's the words♥Those are theirs.Those cards..my daughters cards and Jacques' cards..
Friends cards and....I acknowledge right here..  far fewer than when I was younger and could tie an elastic around them for safekeeping..
gone are the girlie lunches..

And girlie dinners.Jann Arden singing in the background..
I don't want to drive at night anymore..:)

And that's fine with me.

Anais Nin once said:"Each Friend Represents A World In Us.."

C'est vrai..

People come into your life for a reason or a season..and some forever.~A Lifetime..


The words the boys wrote:)♥

Really sweet.

Linda once told me little boys are so loving..she was right..

She knew ..she had 2;)
I never knew..and now I do.

That Carole King Wonderful Broadway in Canada show was fantastic..
It was in Montreal at Place Des Arts..
My girls brought me..it had been my Christmas present and it fell on the usual combined birthday for Caroline and I..




We rushed in through the underground parking as we were late..so I never snapped a pic..
.. looked online and this pic popped up..

I never thought I could sketch it..haphazardly.. I did.. and it's page 3 and 4 of this journal.

I keep saving journals because they look so pretty blank and I fear screwing them  up..

Well.. I can't take these pristine journals with me ..so..I went for it..who cares if they are not perfect..
(me).
Double page ..I had never done one..

Anyway GREAT show..makes me wish I could sing..at the very least dance;)

Great seats..Unobstructed views..oh and the sound..something so uplifting about a live show..
We all shed a tear.
LOL..That would be us.At an uplifting show..
2 of us are the biggest criers.

As you know when I see the boys I make sure I bake something fresh..these are so easy and quick and I am sure the recipe  could be halved..but I made the whole recipe..baked half.. and froze the rest of the balls..I'll let you know:)




They are from that adorable Half Baked Harvest girl  Tieghan....and they are her mom's recipe passed down to her..in her book..but you can find it here too:)
By the way..once your tulips start dropping petals..the deed's done..don't take them out and snip and wrap..the petals will fall..
To every thing there is a season..

On top of the above..

65 brought me ..a small pension..lol..to come..

A WONDERFUL heating blanket that I am using watching "Dirty John"..Oh how could anyone be so gullible..



Reading socks..
A new artist bag/pencils and handmade journal..

And a few words on a page♥ w/ a Fitbit.(Jacques)..we never exchange gifts really so this is big:)
He has had one for 2 years and loves it..

He felt I should see why I can get dizzy..and how many steps I do..do in a day..and will do once my gardens awaken.

Today?Mad Hatter Spring Fever Marie Kondo on a stepladder cleaning every high area w/ a shopvac and rag.

More steps than the FitBit can count..because it's up and down 3 steps..100 times.

The world is filled with some pretty neat..kind people..
I have been witness to that..many times.
Grateful..
 Can you believe that over 17 yrs ago..I "met" some great people I am still in touch with through Gardenbuddies..on a forum..I won't name all the names..but Terry and Susan  and Arlene and Debbie and Linda will recognize themselves..lol
and more..

but..wanted to show you this and how sweet?

I am not deleting it..evah.



Arlene was a Gardenbuddy..we yakked gardens for years..and one day we met!  Since then she has become an even more talented photographer than ever..and has taken up the ukelele.I applaud her.
Thank you for this A!


And a Happy Birthday Thursday to our baby..Caroline..42.



She's on the left..Mylène on the right who will be 44 this summer!
And that's about it;)

49 comments:

  1. I’m first!
    First to read this lovely touching post🖤
    You sure know how to tug at the old heart strings.
    You will love your Fitbit...I’ve had one for 3 years...
    And you’re a young chick! And a beautiful human being...
    Those letters from your littles are treasures...precious...loving...
    Happy Birthday my dear friend...so glad we “met”...you inspire me daily...😁
    🎂🎈🎂
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very very glad I "met" you too🙏🏻I know your family is going to get hugged so hard and vice versa when you get home!!!I know I will enjoy the FiBit the girls have had one forever too!!
      So happy you like HL too!!!
      It's something else..wonder why we don't have any?
      Super grateful for Michaels though😍Enjoy that beautiful beach!

      Delete
    2. Still haven’t seen a Trader Joes! Loved HL!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday Nana! It is obvious that you are very special.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Bonnie..I am not but these boys sure make me feel very lucky to be on this earth with them.
      Tender hearted young men💙Thanks very much Bonnie..it is passed..for some reason I always wait till after..☺️

      Delete
  3. your grandchildren are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour ma chère Nana,

    Il n'y a pas de plus beaux présents que ces adorables petits mots que vous ont écrits vos petits-enfants...
    Joyeux anniversaire !!

    Plein de bonnes choses à vous et tous ceux que vous aimez...


    Gros bisous 🌸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci..je sais que tu ressens les émotions profondes de mamie aussi:)

      Delete
  5. AAACCKK! Every year I say I am not going to forget your birthday and every year I do. I am such a bad, bad, bad friend! I always want to send you a card, and then *poof* Those precious cards from your grandchildren are so wonderful. You lucky grandma you! You are clearly much beloved of them, and no small wonder that. You are very loveable! I bet the musical was wonderful. I adore Carole King's music. Your page in your journal showcases it beautifully. You are so, so, so talented. I hope you never get tired of me saying that. Also that show on Netflix. It is on my "to Watch" list. I better get started on it! If you say its good, I know it has to be! I am so pleased you had a great Birthday, along with your Birthday twin. Love and hugs and hoping that 65 is one of the best years for you ever! Bonne Fete! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie! Jacques did not like Dirty John..I..for some reason did..pathological liar..weak woman..daughters were off in my opinion but played their roroles well Tara is in Ozark she is excellent in Ozark,in this it felt off yet she was fab in her last scenes.
      Ronnie..is so Valley Girl..oh well..and I don't know I just really like Connie Britton..how you can be misled like that though is beyond me.There is an element of religion also..anyway.. watched the whole thing..I will never tire of us:)
      Merci..the actual day was quiet here at home w/ Dirty John at night..

      THank you and never ever feel a card is a must..
      and...think for a moment what you have been going through...
      x

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful blog M. and the loving notes from your grandchildren!! And such a treat to have an unobstucted theater seat. Being short it's always an issue for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that video A!! Unforgettable!

      Delete
    2. Wonderful birthday song, Arlene!! I wish I could carry a tune :)

      Delete
    3. Well really, me too. This was simple but I don't even have a range of 1 octave in most keys. My FB avatar is "Just Because I Can't Sing Doesn't Mean I Won't." LOJ

      Delete
    4. :) here's to July w/ fingers crossed;)

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday my dear friend, and happy happy to Caroline also. What a great way to celebrate.
    Loved seeing Arlene singing and strumming your Happy Birthday greeting :-) It brought back wonderful memories of our mom calling us on our birthdays, and asking if we "had a minute" so she could play happy birthday on her keyboard and sing to us. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohmy you made me have tears..your mom did that...and her pumpkins..Debbie she sounds like such a great great mom.
      Isn't Arlene good? She only recently..well last 2 yrs maybe took it up.
      Singing brings joy:)
      Have a great day!

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday dear Monique. Your Grands are so sweet. What would we do without Grands? They keep us focused on all that life has to offer to us. 65 is not old at all by the way. I should know looking back at it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..it's always in looking back isn't it?
      Honestly..I don't know w/out these Littles what the last 10 yrs would have brought.
      The innocence of children..is such great medicine:)
      It's like selfies I guess Penny..in twenty years maybe I will wish I had taken some:)
      Have a great day and thank you for the wishes:)

      Delete
  9. Those cards from your Littles and Not-So-Littles are absolutely heart warming ♥ And Arlene's song is so joyful. Ukelele's are such happy instruments, aren't they? I can tell you had a wonderful birthday with your daughters at the musical. Girls'fun! And captured in your journal for them to revisit one day ♥ I would love to be 65 again :) I don't think I'd be up on a ladder. Be careful! I hope snail mail hurries itself!! I'll sure all the snow hasn't helped the process. We haven't had this much in quite a few years. Even a frost warning in southern California today! OY. Many warm and happy wishes for your birthday and birthday week, Pea! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pea! Linda had snow in California..she showed her gardens on her blog!
      Unusual to say the least..
      Yes the ukelele is joyous and so is A.
      I can't sing..can't dance..can admire:)
      Those notes are in my craft room on a board now:) Warmed my heart.I know you get it..parallel lives..maybe we are parallelograms Pea:) Thank you! Have a great day..:)

      Delete
  10. Dear Nana, happy birthday to you!
    Being 65 is a blessing. Let's enjoy this beautiful age!
    My mother left when I was24 and she was 48 and I still miss her every day. I think she would be very happy watching her grandchildren grow up, seeing that they are people full of qualities.
    I loved the postcards your boys wrote to you - so sweet, so touching.
    By the way, this whole post is touching and although I do not know you personally, I am sure you are a wonderful human being.
    Again, receive a warm hug and my best wishes.
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wonder what your age is:)You are so elegant..:)
      You lost your mom very young too..I totally get you♥
      Thank you for your best wishes from miles away Nina:)

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday!

    Oh I love the sweet notes from your grandbabies best. I have one & he isn't writing yet but he lets me know he loves me every single day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet..so very fortunate.I saw something on the internet today..lovely photo of a man holding his Little's hand..and the caption said something about what a gift to see the world with the eyes of a 3 yr old..something to that effect.I find I just feel different when they are around..even when I just think of them..which is often..we wish them so well don't we?:)

      Delete
  12. Happy Anniversaire Monique
    Charming post and I love your sketch. I had to look up maudlin and Dirty John...
    Welcome to senorité !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were the first to see the sketch:)
      Thanks for the welcome to the elite club:)
      And thank you for the good wishes..Merci..!!

      Delete
  13. Happy birthday Monique and to your dear daughter. Being a senior citizen has it's advantages.LOL. I am 68, soon to be 69, oh my. What precious cards from your littles. They are so sweet and yes, those are their words, even if their mama's suggested creating special cards. They melt your heart. Cookies are always welcome, so thanks for sharing. I did watch Dirty John. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why she was so naive. Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too..frustrating even..at the end I was speaking out loud to her.Clearly her daughters were much better judges of character.I guess we do what we do and when we point a finger 2 point back at us;) So I'll stop;)
      Thank you for the good wishes!

      Delete
  14. Beautiful cards and touching comments. You are truly loved beyond measure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I am with my family..I am in a good place:)

      Delete
  15. Late but heartfelt birthday wishes for you! Oh, what joy! If I ever am lucky enough to even get one card with a note like any one of those from my guys, I will feel over the moon with joy! I would cry. Big buckets of happy tears!

    It looks like a wonderful celebration -- everything from the cards and presents to the play! I'd love to see that! Your sketch is just the best. And thank you for saying that you have journals you haven't done anything in for fear of messing them up because I do too -- and I am going to take your advice and start with my next batch of sketches! Have a lovely day... so happy to be here at your spot at this very moment! (And thank you so much for coming by!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to use these things:) We can..fortunately get others..maybe not trip ones..bought in Europe..but definitely Fluids..etc..so let us use these things and enjoy them..Any bets you do get notes like that? Boys are the bomb as they say..kidding little girls are too..♥All children.."Let the Little children come to me"..That quote is gold.

      Delete
  16. A VERY BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Welcome to the +65 club. May your year be filled with many happy moments and continued good health. I have been back and trying to catch up before heading out this week to be with Frankie. His mom will be out of town so I will stay there and get my grandson fix. Your not so little Littles are so sweet with their cards. I know they will be treasured and kept in a special place to be read repeatedly so you can smile from ear to ear. Today I’m off to pick up Katherine from the bus stop and the wind is howling. When we get home we are going to make cupcakes. A busy week for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a week for you! Welcome home!!:)

      Yes to be read and reread..I hope the 23rd was GRAND:)
      So glad I wrote before because the 23rd we had Noah..for a sleepover and the day flew by..because the 22nd..I had a long rendez-vous..and many errands..Happy all year to you too..a Pisces like our Caroline:)

      Delete
    2. Thank you. When I was with Katherine today I showed her a photo of your paintings. She said “she’s so talented!”. As we iced the cupcakes and she added the finishing touches with sprinkles she said “we should send one to Monique”. She is a sweetie.

      Delete
    3. Oh my dear you just made my day:)Thank you for this!♥

      Delete
    4. I knew you would love hearing it

      Delete
  17. Cela fait tellement longtemps que je ne me suis pas promenée sur ton blog ... ni sur aucun autre ! Je suis ravie de revenir te lire. Je continue mes découvertes chez toi.

    ReplyDelete
  18. J'en oubliais de te souhaiter un bel anniversaire. Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  19. A belated but nonetheless heartfelt Happy Birthday. Knowing your loving family, I'm sure it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday and many more. Wonderful, glorious post, full of love. Thank you for sharing it. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday Monique! Those cards and the song are the best. :) You are very much loved! xoxox Many, many happy returns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. As always, I love reading about your LOVING, happy, gorgeous family. It seems special that children would be able to express their love with such beautiful words. Congratulations on your birthday!

    ReplyDelete