Tuesday, December 20, 2022

It's all happening so fast..

 








I truly enjoy ornaments.Small adorable remembrances from friends and family yr to yr..

I pull them out..pack them up..yr after yr..and think of every giver..every maker.

Nothing matches..Mice live happily with glass and felt and shimmer and paper..


My son-in-law asked me how long it takes to decorate it.. 2 -2 1/2 hrs.

But we enjoy it until at least mid Jan.

Lights up the dark evenings of winter.


Wanted to share this app I posted on IG that I found on IG.


Boursin cheese..this one..truffle..  shape the whole thing with Saran..with your hands.. roll in fresh parsley flakes..once chilled again..then add slivered almond swag and pom seed baubles.Topper up to you..real food or last min glitter star.

I like that it's not a big cheese ball..that you stare at in the fridge so long after guests have left.

Serve w/ crackers..

Put on something sparkly and celebrate.

Sarah wrote that on my card that accompanied Miss Dearly Glamorous to QC.

This woman..is an inspiration.I hope to think we learn from example.

She is traveling a very tough road right now yet is finding the courage..to light up lives around her.

A few people I know are treading water right now for one reason or another.

We often think.."Why me"? 

We will never know why..

But it creates an empathy in us we may never have found.

Christmas ..  it makes us all feel deeper don't you find?

Have yourself a lovely Little Christmas Day.


Some of the stockings..so glad I made them when I did..would I have the courage now ?












The collection grows every yr.I love them all.




A faux fireplace..a plastic tree..so many Christmas cards..

But most of all..my mom and dad.

Thank you universe..For my present family.xoxoxo




24 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas…for you and your family…like the boursin tree….mmmm….love enjoy have fun…and believe in the miracle of Christmas 🍀❤️🎄❤️🍀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I remember the faux cardboard fireplace we had, and the tinsel tree. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that place..my home..for the first 10 yrs:)Were they cardboard?:) I have no clue..thought plaster?

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas and a Happy, Prosperous but especially Healthy New Year to you and your family ☃️🎄🎅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you..yes health to everyone..If I could sprinkle that around..and comfort of a home:)Food on the table.. happy.

      Delete
  4. Love your fuzzy pictures!❤️ Bonne Noël Monique ❤️ cg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)The old fashioned one of me as a child..mois aussi! Happy Christmas.:)

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas Monique. I love seeing all your treasures collected or gifted throughout the years. Our tree is similar, no matching ornaments or keepsakes but things collected through the years. Your description of you at 5 ish is just like Lillian at 6 ish. Dresses, shoes, jewelry are her thing. Katherine has become less frilly than she used to be. No dresses for her. Both are going to receive a Jane Goodall Barbie doll. We saw it on one of the Sunday morning shows. Lillian asked for a canopy for her 4 poster bead, so that is one of the things from Grandma and Jerry. I think she will be very happy. Have a wonderful celebration, hopefully with the family and you will be spared too much snow and/ice and winds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather forecast is nothing short of :(:(I love the idea of a Jane Goodall BARBIE..That is advancement from my Barbie days and even my daughters.I begged for a real canopy bed..my parents could never afford that..This was the next best thing..my begging came years later..maybe this started it;)You too T have a wonderful Christmas.I cherish these together Christmases now even more than before.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! Merry Christmas to you and yours Monique! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is so much loveliness here Monique, there always is! I am behind on my visits! All of your cards and ornaments, your thoughts your words your beautiful spirit. You bring so much to the table and I love it all. I hope and pray you all have a very blessed and Merry Christmas this year and all the best in 2023. Love all the new photos on your side column also, especially the one Oli just took the other day! ;-) You are such a treasure. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you are too nice:) Thank you Marie..:) I hope your family gets to you..iffy iffy here the weather.

      Delete
  8. Oh my, do we think alike! Probably will see my post later on IG but I made the Boursin tree for last night's celebration! So cute!! Pretty sure I saw it on IG last week. So easy and quick! Love see your lovely ornament collection again this year. So many wonderful memories, and yes everyone gets along on the Christmas tree. Sarah's deer is truly special. ♥ So many positive thoughts for those facing challenges. We are truly blessed with our families. ♥♥♥ Merry Christmas to us all, My Dears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had only seen that new account I followed and posted with the tree:)I love sharing fun stuff..and this was le fun:)Yours was beauteous!As soon as I saw it I made it and posted so no one would miss out!
      Merry tout to you..I'll be dressed in gnomes xoxoxo

      Delete
    2. I finally posted it on my poor, neglected blog. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas weekend! You will look adorable. ♥

      Delete
  9. Your posts are always full of loveliness! The Boursin tree is so cute, and I laughed about staring at the cheese ball for days in the fridge.
    Family is such a great blessing, and I am thankful for mine.
    Joyeux Noel and Merry Christmas to you and yours, Monique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Lorrie.I am hoping you had a Christmas not hindered by weather.We were out of power 30 hrs:( 23rd ..around 3 pm..till 24..around 10 pm..Different..and cold...But the eve was lovely at my daughter's who had power:)

      Delete
  10. So many lovely Christmas decorations! Family is everything and we have had a lovely Christmas together...
    Love, Titti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, as always. Hope you are enjoying the holiday season and looking forward to the new year, dear Monique.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great article! I found your insights really informative. I would like to share information about the company. Opt for our Hybrid Application Development Company in Pune for a revolutionary digital journey that seamlessly connects native and web applications. Your triumph is our foremost objective, and we are committed to pushing technological boundaries to provide solutions that propel your business to unprecedented heights.

    ReplyDelete