Monday, September 18, 2023

The close of summer but the crux of football.

 



Every year..I compost my over an armoire arrangement..(It's so big..) And refresh with this year's blooms of Pink Diamonds..Nikko Blue variations..and some Morden Blush roses..I leave it in the garage for a few days..that way if there are any little bugs..they are gone by then.This arrangement lasts the year for me..far less fresh at the end..;)
This day is always special..a bit of Indian summer..and the blue skies I loved in Provence..and walking around thinking of the putting to bed of the gardens and the hopes of next year.





I will never get over Provence.



The porch still looks like summer..until the leaves change..I leave as is..The ferns are going to one of my daughters.I have one indoors for 3 ys ago..and have no room for more..



Speaking of Provence..these grow in cracks of sidewalks in Provence and thrive on no care.They bloom early morning here and a
late afternoon..




Cosmos forever now.




This? Never again..Shiso..Took forever to sprout..and now is taking off.. and I find it bitter.. 



The white Fairy is sooo hardy..Blooming it's pretty little head off again now..


As the leaves change..the gardens will again..fall in a couple of days..

I am smitten with watching our grandsons..cannot call them littles anymore..play football..some of the next photos are not mine..the first..someone at his college must have taken it..Some of you may remember Lucas..as a newborn..:)xoxHe is captain of his team and deserves it.









Oli..is the youngest in their family turned 14 this past Sept.
If I told you he has become a wonderful humble stellar QB..I would not be lying.









 Max the middle one..   below.. works so hard like his brothers..
None of this is a given talent.These boys work at it..all the time..ALL the time.This bottom pic was taken by my fave sports photographer..
He is amazing..and very nice!















Don't ask them the table of elements or our archaic history content in schools (PITIFUL)..but they can name every player ..every QB ..on every team.Excellent sports statisticians.
Math etc..really good..It's true what they say..you can understand if you are interested and enjoy.




 

They were holding a football at 2:)

You have no idea how many times they passed the football out here from such a young age.
When I walk around our gardens..I see them all as babies..sleeping under a tree..or fast asleep in a swing.. digging for worms and bugs..splashing in a baby pool..running through a sprinkler..
The summer we put a tent up out back..I had taken photos of them..and had them developed..I bought them each a little journal..and we pasted all the photos in their books and remembered the days.
I am certain they don't remember this..but that day..is in my memory bank:)
I see every stage of all 4..To leave here would be to leave those vivid images of paradise.

I became a nana at 51.

My favorite name..right there.

Oli has no recollection of baking so many cookies with me..LOL if he doesn't the others won't..
But again..In my memory bank.

 So forgive my diatribe  but I document things here and so many of the photos of my blog were deleted..
Soo..
We have another darling grandson ..he stopped football this year and I don't blame him.The last three years were nothing short of discouraging to him.The team was just not for him.An off team..

He has many other qualities..:) It's just that football season is upon us right now..I'm relaying current news;)
I am sure I will have Noah news sooner than later:)
Have a great week.



28 comments:

  1. Those hydrangeas are lovely! Such a good idea to create a new arrangement every year, then compost the old one. I think there is something blessed about our traditions. Especially those that affect our homes and loved ones.

    It definitely would be hard to leave your roots. You have invested much into making a life for yourself and all the kids and grands. What a blessing to be able to watch them grow from boys to young men. I understand what you mean about cherishing the memories. I'm learning the ropes of being Gaga much later than you started, but I consider it to be one of the greatest gifts of life. I'm in hospital right now, (doing well and expecting to go home soon). Yesterday, my nearly-four-year-old grand daughter and her mom came to visit. That little darling crawled right up beside me and as I held her I thought, "This is better than any medicine!"

    Hope you're enjoying fall. Don't work too hard, Monique. Thank you for sharing your heart with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh take care and speedy healing.That Oli was my medicine at a certain time in my life.When he woke up from naps his mom used to say want to come for a cuddle? Best medicine.These babes give us a reason to get better..I am sorry you are laid up right now..I hope you are better very soon.And like you ..when the boys were younger..they had sleepovers here.In between Max and Oli..I thought this is the greatest ever.And I thanked the Universe for that outpouring of pure love in me.Lucas was in bed with grandad.Who knew we would..could feel this way?:)

      Delete
  2. Wether we are a Grandma, Nanna or Ga I bet we all share those feelings when we are put in places or situations that bring up those deep feelings and memories. Since I now live in a different space new memories are being made and I can see them riding the elevator in my building, watering the plants on Balconville, building with Legos at my small but functional kitchen table.I love the reels of past photos set to music that pop up on my iPad!!! Love my grandsons so much.Your porch is so inviting. Maybe you should call it "Porchville"! Enjoy everything thing Monique as I know you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss... all the new visual memories:) Dear indeed..Porchville is a great idea Ga:)Seeing old photos ..a tear can easily come to my eyes.. They just grow up so fast.Dear Young Men.
      The Littles that grow and grow and grow.Great gift.S.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous arrangement, how lovely they last. You are a proud Nana and it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the time of year when I get a bit melancholy too. Thinking of the gardens ending, our boys getting older and involved in so many things that days with Nana and Papa get fewer. I'm happy the youngest two are still excited about sleepovers and pool days. You are fortunate to have the football games to see them more often in fall so you have some beginnings mixed with the endings. ♥♥♥ Do they all play on different teams? Such lovely memories of Provence to remember. I'm going to try your dried arrangement! A smaller version :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. Lucas in College D1. The Cheetahs.Max still at Bourget..so his last year.Voltigeurs.D1.Oli his 3rd year..Voltigeurs also but younger group.I think he is the youngest.D2..So when Lucas was at Bourget they won Provincials which moved his category..(Juvéniles) to D1..so Max ..in Juveniles..is D1 thanks to Lucas 'team..but harder.Oli is in a different pavillion at school..in Cadets Voltigeurs. and D2..I feel they may bring the team to D1 standing.
      I knew nothing of this before the boys:)
      If you have time share your beauty bouquet:)
      And you are right the games give us the opportunity to see them..my family and gosh their friends and participants are nice:)

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful post. How very lucky the boys are to have a Nana like you ! Becoming a young grandmother gives you/them more time to spend together. Believe VERY strongly that all memories are kept somewhere. Like a filing cabinet in our brains where some have been misfiled. Then VOILA you find them again. Years later. It will be the same for your grandsons....the smell of cookies baking. The certain slant of sunlight in the garden. The theory of epigenetics where a memory experienced by a family member years ago still floats around in our brains. Autumn is such a bittersweet time. Nostalgia 🍃🍂🍁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely words and I thank you for themHow kind of you.We're in such a fast world now,blogging seems a thing of the past in some ways..I just like talking more than on IG I guess:) have a nice day and thank you again.A new word for me.Epigenetics:)

      Delete
  6. Even as summer nears the end your garden has lovely treats to make you (and me) smile. The boys are certainly Littles no more. How lucky you are to have them near by and enjoy their passions and talents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish R was closer to you..no one knows the future though:)At least you have one dear one close enough.It's been my greatest gift for sure.Not across the street anymore but these games give us the chance to see them.They sure didn't get their athletic abilities from me;););)I was looking at a great Oly mirrorless zoom but at 1500 plus tax..I'll leave the great pics to Sebastien Gervais lol.

      Delete
    2. I did by the OM 1 and with 3 new new lens, I spent a LOT more than $1500. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

      Delete
    3. I spent a lot more too when I bought w/ 4 lenses..but this lens alone is over 1500:(Love the OMs so much when mine broke I bought another lol:)

      Delete
  7. It has been such fun to watch your boys grow up here on the blog, Monique. They have evolved into handsome young men and yes -- they aren't littles anymore. Oh, those memories. Absolutely precious! Your arrangement is absolutely dazzling. You must have had such fun putting it together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truthfully it comes togeter in no time:) And I guess force of habit helps..You will see your Littles grow at the speed of lihgt.To see them be so affectionate with us is a dream:) The same will happen to you:)

      Delete
  8. I have always loved everything you share on here Monique. Your photographs, your family, your words. One thing about grandchildren, they are all different, each with unique talents and all loveable. I love all of mine as well. You are so blessed to have the close and loving relationship you have with each of yours. I wish . . . football season, you will be very busy with games, etc. these next few months! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes busy but I love it.Ad we only go to their home games..And if Lucas is at night no..he plays far away..home in Mtl for him..our two others are 10 mins away..They are the most interesting funny nice loving boys:) GRATEFUL.

      Delete
  9. As I always say “The sun rises and sets on the grandkids “. Gorgeous pics today. The white Fairy rose is superb.
    I lived in Provence for a year. Lovely but no match for Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband feels as you do:) I would love to know more..if you feel like sharing.:)Thank you.

      Delete
  10. Dear Monique, it has been over a year since I last posted. I have just popped in to say hi and that I am back at my blog. Your basket of hydrangeas and roses looks delightful, what a lovely tradition to have for your house. It is Spring here in New Zealand now and our hydrangeas are just showing their new leaves. I don't know what colour they will be as we have just recently moved house. It is exciting to see what new flowers come up. Hugs Rose x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting..a new home..May health and happiness dwell there with you:)

      Delete
  11. I am just getting into football, Xavier loves it. The football photos you shared are wonderful! Do you use the Martha Stewart way of drying the hydrangeas (crush the ends, leave in one inch of water)? I'm picking mine today :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For pink diamonds I use nothing.I just place them into my vessel freshly cut.no water..no smashing...And they dry ...Every hydrangea strain seems to prefer certain ways.I must admit I love football because these boys do.They train and train and train..I cannot help but feel pride in their code of workmanship.I was never an athlete except swim team and not for long.These guys eat live and sleep their sports.Have fun with Xavier and football:) It gets exciting.Not sure if you ever watched Friday Night Lights? Great series..I mean Kyle Chandler:)The worry of them being hurt...is something too though.

      Delete
    2. Kyle Chandler :-)

      Delete
  12. Some lovely, lovely pictures...I have never visit Provence, but some day I will...its not far away :)
    Love Titti

    ReplyDelete