Thursday, July 2, 2015

Thoughtful~♥









Someone across the world knows me well..

Look what came overseas to live here..

I had a plan for Canada Day cookies.. from Terry..thank you..I will make them..:)
But ..I got sidetracked:)



 Cookie cutters are some of my favorite things:)

Kitchen things..but more specifically baking things..

So much so that a few days before Father's Day..one of our daughters asked me what I thought Jacques would like..we always say NOTHING,...just being with you guys..etc..

This time I said..maybe I should ask him if he would like something for the kitchen?:) She cracked me up and answered:"like what mom a new Bundt pan?".
Cracked me up.

We get our mail at the end of our road..sometimes I go..Jacques goes..we go..
he went Monday..and came home w/ a parcel from England..
A long box..I wondered what could be in it?
Well the cutest British Cookie Cutters and a darling hand painted bookmark by Marie~

I don't like to write about when we bloggers exchange sweet things..I don't know why but I am shy about it..to me it's kind of private..we all get to know little things about each other in personal ways and if something sings someone's name..well we are on it:)

I overcame my shyness because many of you follow Marie..and I knew you would get a kick out of her thoughtfulness..
I sure did.Sometimes She Gets Carried Away:)

Nigella,Jamie,Delia,Yotam,Nigel,Gordon..Marie..etc..

I made some the very next morning..the day the clematis started to really shine and the shasta daisies were so happy:)
Like I was when I had these sweet things on the counter all baked with our home smelling like sugar cookies and custard.
I took out my mom's silver things.. ,one of her tea cups..my grandmother's napkins.. a napkin ring..one of 4 Mary sent me sooo many years ago..
How are you Mary?
Picked some roses..
You can make the cookies with other cutters.and stamp them..

...and you cand find Marie's recipe..on her blog here.
Never have I made something of Marie's that has not turned out perfectly.
I have a baking binder with the recipes I have made that we have all loved.
She is a quintessential baker.
Her recipes are in grams and in ounces..cups etc..
Spot on.
Are they cute or what?!♥
Merci beaucoup Marie..



45 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness how perfectly made! Of course I want them even if I can't do cookie stamping as well as you do. What a lovely gift to receive and you served them surrounded with family heirlooms. What a wonderful Canada Day celebration! Your daughters reply to a Father's Day suggestion made me laugh, don't think I have not been eyeing Williams and Sonoma's sales for new bakeware.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she made me laugh too.I am so grateful the girls both have a great sense of humor..they came out so nicely..the recipe is spot on for stamping..I do freeze for maybe 5 flash minutes..:)

      You have so many people to bake lovely things for..go for the bakeware..
      I will go peek and try and guess what you love;)

      Delete
    2. I found them on Amazon and I am getting ready to hit "buy".

      Delete
    3. Do it! Amazon.com?

      or UK?
      Because I know .ca doesn't have them;)

      And use Marie's recipes..

      They are so cute Terry..go for it..

      Delete
    4. UK and I did buy them. I hope they come out half as pretty as yours.

      Delete
  2. The Baker always says he doesn't want gifts so, when asked, I make suggestions of things I'd like to have in his honor!! =) Those cookies are wonderful.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)

      Jacques and I don't give gifts to each other..
      I am so easy:)

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, tried to comment and lost it. Monique, as soon as I saw these cookie cutters, I thought of you and so I had to get you a set to play with because I knew of anyone in blogging land you would do the best things with them. Your presentation is perfect. I am in awe of you. I just love you to pieces and back again. I can't wait to see what else you might do with them. You are one of my sweetest blogging buddies and sometimes I think it's nice to just surprise someone you love unexpectedly. It gave me far more pleasure I am sure than what it gave you! Oh, I had to laugh about the bundt tin. Maybe I will get Todd a new Bundt Tin for his birthday?? Do you think he would appreciate it? lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet!Jacques loves them Marie..they are bite sized almost for him..
      I love thinking of blogging friends too.
      Postage is the brake..s:(
      You were very generous...too much.
      I know very few people if any that share my baking fondness apart from Caroline and Mylène..and they work and have children and are busy..
      they know where they can come if they need a pan:)
      I think Todd would LOVE baking things for his birthday?
      Maybe Cath Kidston?:)LOL...
      Merci Marie!

      Delete
    2. Oh he would definitely LOVE some Cath Kidston, lol xoxo

      Delete
  4. Thankful, thoughtful, all beautiful and perfect. Like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how playful and beautiful and all the better because of the thoughtfulness and love with which they came!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Décidément le plaisir de jouer dans la cuisine croît en recevant un si charmant cadeau:)
      The pleasure is doubled..you are so right Rita:)

      Delete
  6. Monique, the cookies are perfection. I'm amazed at how sharp the detail is. They look so pretty and dainty. The fact that the cutters were a gift doubles the beauty in my mind. Oh, aren't surprises the best?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cookies look devine!! So pretty!!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  8. All nice and perfect, Monique! I bet Marie's recipe makes a great batch of cookies! I need to try the cookie stamps. Bet your clematis is beautiful, I've not had much luck with it here, too much shade probably. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her recipes are always spot on..I must admit I have tried Clematis in shadier areas with no success .Tangutica was supposed to be ok..alas..not..

      but so many gorgeous things grow in shade;)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful compositions, especially the first shot...

    ReplyDelete
  10. J'adore ces emporte-pièces ... Tes biscuits ressemblent tellement aux originaux ! C'est chouettes, les petits cadeaux, quand même ! :o)
    Bisous
    Hélène

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Très chouette..♥
      (J'adore):)
      Tu aimerais ces petits jouets:)

      Delete
  11. Les photos sont superbes, j'ai l'impression de feuilleter un livre d'art !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now we're talkin'
    QUEEN of Embossing!!
    Why haven't I send you any
    Most ashamed...must take a look see for you
    À toute a suite xxx cg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never seen these her..
      a treat! And they are that good:)

      Delete
  13. How sweet of Marie! And she knew exactly what you'd like best. Lovely cookies, Monique, with their adorable embossing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so impressed how every little swirl and word came out so clearly.
      They are not big either which I like.

      Delete
  14. Beautiful cookies and the cutters deliver a very crisp saying! What a very sweet gift! As usual your photography is stunning. A welcome treat for my very stressful week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cookie cutters are so adorable and your cookie/biscuits came out perfect. So nice being able to reach out and make friends over the internet, I never dreamed something like this could ever happen when we were kids. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a pen pal for a while.. this is as nice!

      Even better..we are older..different..
      You too.. and enjoy tomorrow ..

      Delete
  16. How well she knows you :-) They are so adorable, Monique! You will always be the Cute Cookie Queen to me. What a beautiful way to display them with the china, napkin, ring, etc., Sweet. I love the heart cut-out! You made them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very thoughtful and sweet of Marie! I sincerely mean that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Que bonitos cortadores, me encantan, y las galletas te han quedado genial. He estado de vacaciones , en Ibiza, así que la próxima semana me pondré nuevamente al blog.
    Besos

    lagalletarota.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Smashing cookie cutters, Monique! Lucky you.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everytime I look on your blog, Monique, you are posting something new that you've baked that just looks perfect. Alongside that, your garden & home style photos are fab too. It just all works :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely adorable cookies…I can't think of anyone better to have the cookie cutters than you.

    ReplyDelete