Monday, August 31, 2020

I'll see you..in September~














I sometimes tell myself stop w/ the seed starting..and then my little tomatoes start producing and my daughters tell me they like them..one sent me pics♥
They get small plants of mine and the rest is up to them.
So glad tiny seeds give soo many tomatoes..
So now I have ordered seed starting soil and jiffy pots to go w/ my new /old/varage sale heating mats I bought from an 80 yr old gardener leaving his home and gardens for an apartment.
This yr w/ Covid I could not get anything and was grateful for a bag of earth Fred had from last yr..
One of our fave things..

Is Gazpacho..

even J..

So many recipes ABOUND on the internet..
If you cannot find one you love I would be happy to share..

I made a delicious Savory Zucchini loaf..don't expect a sweet dessert..this goes on an apéro table   w/ wine I love it too:)
You can find the recipe at Just Crumbs Blog..you may remember I just bought her new cookbook..
I made mine in my French pain de mie pan..my fave pan..it's just under 8x4 so breads rise a bit higher:)
It was a gift from a dear client ..from E Dehillerin.
She became much more than a client.

Such a special young woman.

Now for the...

Autumn Vegetable Melt~

May I say that this is just soo good.so good.
I made it for lunch one day and I don't recommend making time consuming lunches every day lol.
I am happy w/ mashed avo and cherry tomatoes on toast:)
Or crackers and cheese.
Or an egg..
Or not much actually;)But I had this recipe cutout forever..since 2016.
I give it five stars for lunch..as if we are in a bistro..
And..I made it on regular French bread Jacques had made the week of.
I lightly toasted it before adding the mixture and rubbed it w/ fresh garlic then proceeded to add all the goodness..
Also I added OUR roasted red peppers that I keep frozen.I added confit garlic oil to the oil portion..
I think the cheese is interchangeable as I used parm and mozz as that is what I had.
It's a fantastic bread.
My son-in-law brought me some Asian specialties including the Fleur de banane in the last pic..I added it to may salad dinner:)
Another Mandy's Salads dressing:)

I have done paintings..practicing on different papers..the jam was done well before..

There is no way I cannot thank Carol for her kind and generous tips and tricks..She is selfless and doesn't keep her knowledge to herself.
She shares .
This is the girl that her art was plastered all over the metro stations in Paris for Champagne.  And fine pastries...

So grateful I am sure you remember my wall in my craft room:)

This wall faces a window and there's another to the side so it's so hard to get a good pic..
As many of her letters are in a glossy poster frame..
Wall of inspo I call it..dates back:)
You can subscribe to her letters on Etsy.Little special add ons are always in the envelope.






J'aime..oui.

So many disappointments with Covid.
I won't go into them..but so many.
We all have them.
And many of you may have tragedies..
I hope for a change soon.
In everything.


Onto pretty...

And finally I THINK I have a bud on my one and only Dahlia..she better hurry up.
She is disappointing..started 2 indoors..one died as soon as I planted..the other I have been babying in full sun..staked..watered fertilized..and maybe now I see one tiny bud somewhere?:(

Zinnias are ok..



FYI it says thank you my pharmacy..because my pharmacy is so good.

Footnote..Many of us are backing up our blogs..

I thought the content meant words and photos..

Interesting

According to the above..photos are not saved.


29 comments:

  1. Dearest Monique,
    You are as much an artist in the kitchen as you are in painting!
    Love the tomatoes and the lovely dishes you show us here. Magazine worthy material.
    Google Takeout does save your photos, if you marked them in their setting: https://www.google.com/settings/takeout
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be too shocked.....but I have never had Gazpacho. So yes, I'm interested in your recipe.

    I've seen seed saving & I think I may go ahead & uy seeds for next year now if I can find them. I'm terrible at caring for seedlings but I'm happy with some of the seeds I planted in the ground this past spring so I will try that again next year.

    I'm hoping to find some good soil to top off a few of my garden beds this winter too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a link:)
      https://www.instagram.com/p/CEJqilMJvDs/

      I posted my recipe there after I was asked:)
      I hope it helps..
      For seeds we have to do what works..many of my indoor seeds never took..some like direct outdoors..:)
      I would love to top off everything:)Have a good week!

      Delete
  3. Monique, your posts are always grand! I'm sure your tomatoes are divine as is your gazpacho! Your photographs are awesome, you must have professional techniques or an amazing camera! I think it's because you are a gifted photographer, my friend!
    Take care~
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am truly average in everything.
      Jack(Monique) of all trades ..master of none..
      But thank you!
      I think my parents would be shocked though as I never did any of anything while I had them.:(
      Just went to school ....

      Delete
  4. I love gazpacho, as you do. It’s wonderful to be able to use tomatoes that we grew. I read the comment above, and your parents would be so proud of you. I made the Chinese noodle soup...oh my...Joe also enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good!So glad you liked it..her recipes are great so far😊Than you for saying that about my parents 🤗😘

      Delete
  5. I can't believe it's September 1st! It's cloudy, in the middle 60s F and about to rain. You can feel fall in the air today. What a beautiful assortment of wonderful recipes! I find growing tomatoes so rewarding too! John absolutely loves tomatoes and if we're not eating BLATs or fresh tomato pasta, I always slice a couple to enjoy alongside our dinner. It will be a sad day when the last tomato is picked. I have probably frozen at least 3 dozen whole tomatoes so far to use this fall and winter. Your Autumn Veggie Melt looks so delicious and the banana flowers are so beautiful! I had never seen one before. How nice of your SIL to bring you goodies :) Love your new Bonne Maman art, and all of your paintings ♥ Such lovely photos! I hear those grasshoppers every night now. Isn't amazing the sounds they can make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we love fall you and I..but we know the aftermath..

      I can't get over fall decor that started happening two weeks ago..
      I did find this very cute on IG

      I might put up the tree and call it a year


      I don't even want to think about Christmas..what will it be like?

      I need new ideas for the tomatoes lol I still have frozen from last year.

      I never thought I heard a grasshopper/ Never knew they made a sound:)

      Have a good day Pea.

      Delete
  6. Nothing better than summer tomatoes! I am so glad that you love the pan still! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Monique, September is my mounth, is THE MOUNTH! Not my birthday but very important things have happened to me during this mounth. I wish you a happy September.
    I adore your pics.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they were GOOD important things♥And I wish you many more.

      Delete
  8. OK, I'm going to try this again! As always, the photos dazzle. That bread looks wonderful and so does that sandwich, which might have to be on my menu this fall. Your tomatoes look great. I just bagged and froze three quarts of tomato sauce and tomorrow will do at least that or maybe twice as much. We'll want it to help get through the winter and add all the extras -- sausage, olives, artichokes, whatever -- when we cook it up later. If I blend it and add the peppers, cukes and a few other spices, it's good gazpacho, too!

    Your paintings, as always, make me smile big and stare at the screen, learning from them. Thanks for introducing me to Chris P's videos. They are helping me to paint a little looser. I never paint from life, either but I have been a bit and it has been interesting. I need to do it more often. You inspire me. So does Carol and I'm glad you showed her wall -- or your wall of Carol's art. I remembered it a bit from before but it had been a long, long time! I hope you have a really terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw your paintings..Kudos..love the CP and the monarch..I find painting from life extremely difficult..I did do a Santon and a bag of fresh herbs..slowly trying..I'd love to get to a real market for a bushel of peppers to roast.Those I love having all winter..but ...

      I know you love Carol's work too..I'm a groupie:)

      Delete
  9. Thank you, THANK YOU MONIQUE!
    I had no idea...i have invaded yr space ;))
    You are de trop!
    Xxxxxxx Carolg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely one of your groupies:) Look at that wall of inspo:)TY!!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful tomatoes and so perfect for Gazpacho. You have the very best photos, truly artistic. I am off to find the Chinese Noodle soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love it.And thank you so much for always being..so nice.

      Delete
  11. Another yummy post from La Table de Nana!!

    Will we lose our blogs when the new format takes over?

    Yes, that Carol, it is great the way she shares her experience...But you know, she truly loves your work!!!
    (as do I)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning!
      I went to blogger and the interface has changed for sure.
      You can revert to legacy bottom left on the dashboard..but how long will legacy last?
      So I gave it a try and I think it's quite doable.I did notice that if you want to add a photo you cannot add interspersed..it goes at the bottom..to change size is different too.I played 2 minutes..because my next post is prepared..will try another one.I think with each other's help we can get through this:)
      Thank you:)
      Perhaps just try:):)
      If I could only find out how long Legacy will last ..I could reassure some people.
      I am so not a tecchie..

      Delete
  12. Your little tomatoes are so cute and wonderfully presented! You are the holder of a very green thumb for sure, but also such a hard garden worker. Me, I am too lazy. Can you believe that I have never actually eaten gaspacho? I know! How did that happen. I do remember making it when I worked at the manor, and must have tasted it, but was not allowed to actually eat the food I prepared. I would bring my lunch with me or eat when I got home from work. Yours looks incredibly delicious!

    Your savoury zucchini bread looks fabulous. I have never had a savoury one, perhaps I should make one. Will have to wait for another gifted zucchini.

    Your Roasted Vegetable Toasts look fabulous! We only ever actually eat one meal a day nowadays. Dinner about early afternoon. The rest of the time we graze. Your photos make me want to try the toasts. I am impressed J makes bread! How wonderful.

    Fleur de Banane, is that like Banana Shallots? They look similar.

    Your paintings always inspire me. I need to make more time for play I think! All that you share inspires me greatly! Your photos, your paintings, your food. I love it all!

    I have always been really tempted to subscribe to Paris Letters.

    I need to back up everything methinks. Thanks for the links!

    I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm..not sure if Fleur De Banane is like Banana shallots? No shallot taste for sure though:)

      Those toasts are delicious Marie..
      We stop eating after dinner so by 6.15 no more food till morning but this has been for at least 20 yrs.
      I could eat earlier lol..we eat at 5.45..like you we are SUCH ROUTINE people .
      Never in bed past a certain time..never..always in bed same time.
      BORING us.

      But at least I know what to expect lol.
      Yes do the back up content on Blogger but I was told to back up w/ Google takeout too.
      So I did even though it has very mixed reviews and I don't even want to look to see if it did it properly lol.
      I started it..got scared and canceled..then a dear blog aquaintance emailed and said..yes..So I did but it was downloading the updates twice..once I lost cnnectivity..FINGERS crossed.
      I appreciate peoples' help soooo much..sooo much.
      Sarah' sent me her husband's gazpacho recipe..and I made that one also..soo good..and sooo easy..I am sure I can share with you if you would like.
      The Manor people sound terribly awful to me. Terribly.
      For you to make all their food..and you had to bring yours?
      SHAME ON THEM.
      You polished the silver they used..washed the dishes they ate on.
      SHAMEFUL.

      It just came to me to make a wall of Carol.
      Unfortunately I don't live in a styled home w/ no photos or things around..this wall was a virgin wall:)
      WE celebrate Oli ..later..it's getting tricky as it's chilly in the AM and PM now..
      Let us pray for Christmas.
      I just saw an big mouthed idiot on tv ..in a huge gatehring ..mouthing off about why should they stay home and watch tv? OMgee the mouth on him.
      I want to retort w/ a Morning Show response;)
      Sweetie is 11..
      I hate what this Covid is doing to Littles..so smarten up big mouth and stay home and watch TV..lol..
      Can you tell he annoyed me?
      Bon weekend Marie.
      Lots of lols here..sorry ..not sure how else to express myself;)

      Delete
  13. I'm saying yum to everything. This is my favorite time of year, an end to our endless summer, the new school year, and we are actually celebrating our New Year in September. If ever there was a need for a new beginning...
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete