Monday, December 21, 2020

Le 21 Décembre~

 
















Trying my hand at making pngs:)From my tree to your tree...needs loads of perfecting..like feathering the edges..

Winter started at 5.02 Am today..
We had snow yesterday   it was so pretty..a little grey today nonetheless  the brown grass has a coat..

I do love working with my hands and am always grateful for them.

It's only once something starts working differently..that you realize what a gift things are.

So I never take them for granted..nor legs and eyes..etc..

Those little Santa gnomes are fun to make either for little garlands or ind.gifts..Go to Instagram..and check out hauzco..


Years ago..I made those big star nutella breads..you know the beautiful tasty ones.

I hopped on a new idea..the trees to give to the boys..for Christmas treats..so pretty right?

They love bread they love Nutella..

Well  they ended up as decorations on a wreath.

If I had a bakery great..but I don't..buh bye..maybe around a candle like Susan did..and her cookies..oh my!:)

I abhor waste.

Jacques tasted one and said..well what are they supposed to be?...

He did not make these pass the taste test;)


On a much more favorable note..these mashed potatoes in the latest Ricardo magazine...are stellar.And made the forever list.



In case you need yet another recipe!


La Recette courtesy of Ricardo~


3 carrots peeled and cut in small pieces

5 cups peeled and cut potatoes,in cubes

2 cups chopped leeks

2 cups chopped kale..

1/4 cup butter

 1/4 cup 35% cream

Bring salted water to  a boil w/ the carrots in it....cook 10 mins..add potatoes..cook 20 mins more or until fork tender.

Drain.

Meanwhile..soften your chopped leek and chopped kale in 1/4 cup of butter  wiithout browning add your 1/4 cup of 35% cream and continue cooking while stirring 5 minutes..to soften.

With a potato masher..mash your drained  carrots and potatoes..add the leek /kale/cream mixture.You can add cream if need be..both times I have made this it was fine as it..

Adjust seasonings w /salt and pepper.

You have to always taste and adjust seasonings no matter what you make..an underseasoned dish is bland.

I just love this to bits.

Winner winner.

Bet you can't have just one bite..I served Osso Bucco over it and we had it w/ another dish one night..

My mom always mashed her potatoes w/ turnip..and I loved that.



Is around the corner for everyone~
I doubt I will have another little post before Christmas..not that I am at a loss for words..
I have a few projects on the go..

Ideas brewing..some for next yr.

Warm wishes for Christmas..albeit different..put on Spotify..listen to music you love..Christmas music..or listed to your CDs:)  I still have mine..

I have so many wished in my head.I have gratitude..yes..but I have wishes too..
Take care..be safe..I sound like a broken record..and I am.









31 comments:

  1. Those potatoes do sound yummy! Very similar to the Irish Colcannon. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes..Colcannon is cabbage..I love that..Best wishes to you and yours:)

      Delete
  2. Love the Bienvenue heart! Too bad about the bread but they sure do make beautiful wreath decorations! What a great idea to make .pngs. I've made .psds so probably the same with transparent background. Time consuming but worth it for many things :) I am pretty sure I'm going to make the Ricardo veggie mash for Christmas dinner. I was thinking of a standing rib roast and they would be perfect together. Osso Bucco would be perfect too or short ribs. Nom! I feel badly for those who must be all alone. Here it is going to be VERY cold on Christmas Day but we have friends (Debbie and Alex) who also must be alone. They have offered to drive to friends and relatives early on Christmas Day for a quick driveway hello to lift spirits. Isn't that a wonderful idea? Music is the best companion...and a good, fun Christmas movie. Merry Christmas, my Dear!! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chère Susan..merci pour toutes ces années d'amitié!
      That is a cute idea..Oh my gosh England has a new strain of it..yikes..Hope my wishes come true:)♥Standing rib and this? Yes..I mean we have loads of potato recipes don't we? From creamy to crisp to cheesy and garlicky..this struck me as a different dish and it hit the spot..hope you enjoy:)Meilleurs voeux belle fille!♥

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the recipe, I’ll be making it for sure. Happy holidays to you and your family, although a different celebration thus year, we will all enjoy it and plans are already being made for a celebration in March, perhaps when spring arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it:) All our taste buds are so different..I'll keep my fingers crossed:)
      Spring always happens♥WE can count on that!

      Delete
  4. Wishes and gratitude. Yes, I so agree -- I have the same. I love your sweet gnome garland. And the nutella looks delicious. I've been baking cookies like a crazy lady to deliver tomorrow or Wednesday to friends doorsteps. I've done five cookies, peanut butter fudge, spiced nuts and it seems like something else but I'm blanking on it. I will do a small batch of cut out cookies for us to ice on Christmas Eve, even if not with the little ones.

    All good wishes for a very Merry Christmas and wonderful holiday season. Yes, the celebration will be different. But the love will be the same, or maybe even greater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see you making this garland:)How kind of you to do all that baking to offer..
      All the very best of health to you and yours..happiness always ensues.

      Delete
  5. Just made myself a recipe card for the veggie dish, and have all the ingredients from my veggie CSA share. I made a zillion almond paste cookies last evening to deliver to family and friend's doorsteps. Merry Christmas to you and your family. The celebration will be different, but filled with love and gifts from the heart. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO organized..I am in awe..awww...
      Saw the cookies and kudos to Joe..and Mama must be smiling out loud♥

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the potato/veg recipe--I love the added color and nutrients! Also want to thank you for the link to Susan's blog. I remember those candy cane cookies from my girlhood, and will enjoy making them. May you and your family enjoy all the blessings of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful paintings Monique❣️ Thanks for sharing the recipe, I’ll definitely try this one. All the best to you and yours❣️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the best to you and yours beautiful girl..Thank you..so much as always♥

      Delete
  8. I love the gnome garland. Best wishes for a happy holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a fun little craft:)All the best..fingers crossed for way better in 2021.

      Delete
  9. The potatoes sounds delicious! My parents always did a turnip mash...maybe I will add that to our dinner this year. :) Warm wishes to you and yours! Glad there is some snow! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too..Take care dear girl..Love my addition.
      x0x0x0x0x

      Delete
  10. Your touch is amazing! That darling Bienvenue heart, the gnome garland ~ you sense of style reflects joy!!!
    All the best for a safe, quiet week. I hope my little package arrives this week, but not encouraged by our mail system. Other non international pkgs mailed same as yours. They took two weeks even though they were sent as Priority 2 day shipping. Fortunately, in a way, the contents is not Christmas.
    Your watercolors are so delightful! I was admiring my card last night. I often go through the bowl of Christmas cards in the evening. I like to enjoy the special words and images. My darling nutcracker is on an easel!
    Merry, Merry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas has arrived in Hudson:)
      I love how over the years we look at our trees and not only family memories are on it but friend memories too.Thank you:)

      I mailed something to Ireland..Dec 1rst..NOTHING..crickets..
      Nova Scotia..Dec 1rst..Crickets..
      everyone else seems to have received their packages.
      I know this year is the pits for many..so while I can send cards..and etc..I will.
      It is a gift to be in a position to physically get to a post office..to afford postage ..to write....to wrap..some years these things are just not possible...
      Something I will never take for granted.
      I am grateful you like my humble offerings♥
      AS I thoroughly enjoy yours..

      Delete
  11. Merry x mas....please stay safe...love Ria 🍀🎄❤️🌲🍀

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just discovered your blog - it is beautiful! WOW!

    Is there a place I can sign up to receive your postings?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your watercolors are always so delightful. I'm in awe of your talent.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Monique, I wish you a very happy 2021.
    lots of hugs
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope this comment goes through. I hope your Christmas was as good as it could be under the circumstances and wish you and your family a healthy and happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mom always mashed her potatos with turips also. They were so good. I need to do that sometime for old times sake. Your mash from Ricardo looks fabulously delicious. I am putting that on my to cook list for sure. I adore things like that!

    I admire how you are always trying to learn something new. People who do that never get old. You keep the mind busy and you grow in new directions. I am going to try to conquer snapseed in 2021. We shall see, and maybe I will conquer my fear of being in front of the camera and do some video. Again we shall see. Love your tree and your little gnomes and your painting girl, etc. Everything you share brings such beauty into the lives of others. It all warms the heart. Love you my dear friend. Here is to a much better and improved 2021. HOPE. HOPE. HOPE! oxoxo

    ReplyDelete