Wednesday, December 15, 2021

~10 more days ~!

 














I bought that book in 2009 and it has a little voice recording..the day I opened it this week I found it needs a new battery:)
I filled in 2009 and henceforth there are envelopes in the book with photos of family at Christmas up until 2019..



He's twelve now and on his way to being tall like his brothers..high school..time flies my friends..


This one is a teen now:)His little teeth were the cutest:)


Adamo is now 21..Giuliana 19 Lucas 16 and Max 14♥ Noah 13 and Oli 12.



Adamo becomes an actuary this year..Giuliana is in school of design..Lucas graduates and moves onto college.He is being recruited for football ..I am so happy for him..Happier for us that he is such a lovely young man.Max moves onto the latter part of high school..Oli and Noah still in high school..football..basketball..wrestling they all inherited my athletic gene..(LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL)


I cannot believe 12.5 yrs have gone by...I feel I look so young here..lol..That's a happy face.. a baby in my arms:)






So many years yet speed of light.Things change.. Children grow up.. have children of their own who one day will have theirs..or not.

Health can change..people can leave our lives..

People can enter our lives..

Christmas ..a time of reflection..


And recipes right?:)

Tourtières are a staple here.

Every family has theirs..

This year watched Love Actually while making them,Cried,,How Alan Richman could leave Emma Thompson is beyond me.RIP. Alan R.

And poor Liam..again a heartbreaking example of people leaving our lives.

Cried at the movie..

The stars are Savoury Shortbreads from Memories In The Baking..Sol..I miss this girl..

The Gingerbread men are a fun recipe to make with an embossed rolling pin..you can find the recipe at The View From Great Isalnd..amongst thousands of other great recipes.I mean just look at that cheese ball tree!

The meringues ..are my meringue recipe but the idea of dipping in chocolate and crushed candied pecans came from Amuses~Bouche

an outstanding French blog.

The shortbread doves are simply your fave shortbread cut out recipe..a dove cookie cutter..some sliced almonds..and royal icing to secure the almonds..

I'm still baking and I love it.

This time of yr is a nesting time..I enjoy being in my little gingerbread house.I don't miss working at all anymore.Not one bit.It was a shock and a terrible adjustment.But..I had this nest you see with these people all close by (And they still will be... I'm not moaning I'm happy for them :))




10 more days..y'all:)




PS every yr Marie and I share a card and sometimes a small ornament..her cards are pop up cards and delightful  .This is this yrs..:)

She's had quite the year and has landed on her feet in a exemplary fashion if I do say so myself.

Courage plus.

And Marie just had a new book published..her second!

You can read about it here..

I love watching people succeed.

In every aspect of life.




34 comments:

  1. You have some lovely Christmas memories! It is amazing how time flies. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful memories, beautiful photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Polly:)Photography has changed a lot:) I'm positively more than vintage:)Happy Holidays~♥

      Delete
  3. Christmas is a time for memories. I have some old scrapbooks that we pull out at Christmas and reminisce. Baking is what's happneing around here these days, too, in between a little substitute teaching. That's done now and it's all about Christmas prep. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorrie..Oh my numbers climbing here rules to change again:(

      Delete
  4. Always love seeing the pictures of your sweet family. I, too, measure life by those special shared moments with the lovies. Since we moved just two weeks ago, I feel especially rushed this Christmas, but your post is a reminder to simply experience the love of the season (and some delicious food and sweets, lol). Wishing you and yours a blessed holiday season, Monique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A treat to see these photos of your sweet family. I'm thankful for photos and the memories, and enjoy looking back as some I forget about lol. I'm feeling a little rushed to squeeze it all in, but food and sweets are always at the top of the list. Wishing you and yours a beautiful holiday Monique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you..I'm a bit concerned..numbers climbing here..hoping the rule of 20 doesn't change for Christmas gatherings..happy everything to you:)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing past memories. I wish you a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year in which to make new memories to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful family with lovely memories. The old photos are such treasures. You look fabulous and so happy with a baby in your loving arms. Time does fly by. Your baking is always so pretty the way you capture it. The gingerbread is darling. Wishing you a very merry Christmas.🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda you and yours also:) I must admit looking at my pic m thinking I should chop off six inches..its so long now..LOL I thought I liked it;)
      Oh one of my daughters says we need a new baby in this family:) WE do..

      Delete
  8. When you can't garden this is definitely your time of the year. I know the feeling of not missing work you formerly enjoyed. It took me almost 2 years to get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But once you're there..you're there♥Not even tempted to work again..Like for 30 yrs I wondered what women who didn't work did..and then it happened..A shock to the system..but..that's one thing time does heal..:)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful post. We have a 16 yr old and 13 yr old too. The sun rises and sets on them but oh how I miss the babies. Things are going nuts on the west coast. Beautiful British Columbia has had a helluva year. Heat Dome, Forest Fires, Atmospheric River and horrendous flooding, 2022 has to be better. Blessings on you and your family, Joyeux Noel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know BC has been hit by so much! I do hope 2022 sees the WEst far better off..It's so beautiful!
      I miss babies like crazy.So I hear you..A whole different feeling..adoration..lol for the greatest little miracle on earth♥

      Delete
  10. I even remember some of those old photos - that's how long we've known each other! ♥ Precious memories! It seems they will never get beyond the baby and toddler stage and then, poof! They are almost adults. In a heartbeat. I'm baking today. I may try the gingerbread glaze on some stamped cookies. They look so pretty! I have a question...how long do Sol's savory shortbreads stay fresh? Do they need to be eaten the same day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forever:)Just kidding but at least 1 week ..Covered..I had one last night from this batch!
      If ever and it's never happened you find they lose their crisp..pop em in the oven..
      Susan I just made a delish quiche for Christmas brunch here God willing we can still get together..NUMBERS rising:(Had some filling leftover and made a mini..I think it's so good because of my new flexi measuring cups♥
      Seriously we've known each other a long time..and I for one am so grateful.x

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I think I'll make some for our holiday gathering! Grateful also. ♥

      Delete
  11. Well Monique "I" think you are VERY young. Especially as you are the same age as me ! Agreed about working and retirement. Don't actually know how I had time to work. But somehow we did it. Yes it has all passed by in a flash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane..I'll take your word for it:) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  12. What a lovely post and lovely memories...time flies! Beautiful pictures too :)
    Always so nice visiting your blog!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing all of those sweet memories! :) Time does pass way too quickly. Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS The Savoury Shortbreads turned out excellent and were a hit at our staff get together! :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marie is awesome. I have her book on back order -- it will probably be my first arrival of the new year! Love all your family photos and memories. What a lovely family. And "Love, Actually" -- it is a favorite. I always cry, and laugh and watch it again and again. Love your spatulas, too! Big smiles. Merry, Merry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry merry to you too!!Those spatulas..lol You can blame some on Hobby Lobby..Those pre Christmas sales..not in the last 2 yrs though..

      Delete
  16. I am so late to comment Monique. Usually I read on the iPad and it doesn't let me comment for some reason. I get it typed in, press publish and gone/pouff! So here I am days later and on my pc. Of course I had seen a lot of the photos on IG and loved them there. I love the photos of your grandchildren as they are growing up. Why do they have to grow up so quickly eh? Love the photo of you with, is it Ollie? You are so beautiful, no surprise there, inside and out. I hope that you have had a nice, if not subdued celebration with your family. We had a nice day. Cindy, Dan, dad, myself. Nice food. Good company. Its all good. I missed seeing others, but I know it will come eventually! Merry Christmas Monique, and all the best for 2022. Here's hoping things get better for all of us, social-wise, health-wise, etc. xoxo

    ReplyDelete