Monday, June 6, 2022

June,Juin...~

 








It's been a lovely time here in QC..albeit we could use some rain.

As of today June  6th..my forsaken tomato plants are reviving.Hopefully the groundhogs won't dig them up.

First roses to bloom  Yellow Rose of Texas..

Next..one bloom on Champlain many to come and one bloom on Polareis..many to come..and I saw my first chafer.DISGUTING.

If you can find a Maidenhead fern..do it:)Yr after yr I love her dearly.

I watch a TV show called Les Chefs..I love it..the eleventh season..the chefs serve pretty dishes and so often  that red veined sorrel adorns the plates..I found some ..It's beautiful..I hope it keeps thriving..2 healthy plants.Funny..at one nursery the healty pots were $5.99 ..bought 2 worried I would not find elsewhere..I did but it was far smaller ..sold as a pond plant..$18.99.Go figure.

The last two photos are weeds..I have pink and white and I keep them:)♥


Some weeds are keepers..

Also blooming all mu single peonies and some irises..forget me nots almost done..nepeta thriving..salvia too..




Korean lilacs blooming..alium almost done..tulips done done..
On another note..personal..with permission..look..


Look..his mom took him tux shopping for his grad..and I got to have pics she took:)



He has his red shorts on:)
This as so many of you know is Lucas..
Our firstborn grandson..he will be 17 in August.
To try and explain what a lovely young man he is ..is.. well.. impossible.
We all feel that way about our Littles I know..
But..I just can't help myself..I tell him all the time.
He hates having his photo taken..grateful I got these..His mom's phone takes great pics.

He's a camp counselor again this summer..the kids love him..
I don't blame them♥
So that's it..
Except Max turned 15:)
Where does the time go?
The weeks..the days ..the months..the years..
In the blink of an eye it sometimes seems.
I am forever grateful I was given the opportunity of being a nana.

Maybe my mom..up there..had some influence♥


And  art wise..


I'm back to painting people with the wonderful photos of Geni on Instagram.



She left Paris and moved to the south of France..
so they will now be Southern people..Les gens du Sud.
Geni's fab account on IG is  @geeparee22

Have a great week.Take care.






33 comments:

  1. Your garden is beautiful. I love the colour of the polaris rose. How handsome Lucas is, and how quickly the littles grow up. We celebrated a couple of birthdays this week - a 10 years and 3 years. I love them all (5 of them) so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Lorrie..I hear you:)The so much..I know that feeling:) Thank you:)

      Delete
  2. Lucas, the complete package! I love that 1st shot looking over his shoulder in the mirror.
    Your flowers are lovely and now I believe you have more going on there than I do. You not only caught up but have left me in the dust. LOL

    Thanks for such a wonderful share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you made me laugh..we do catch up but its a whirlwind..at one point not much left..hope all my seeds take..Funny the last pic of him doesn't really capture L..But I love it..he's just a gem.When they were little my shots were keepers..Now Caroline's are the keepers and M's.

      Delete
  3. Monique, your garden never disappoints. I sure hope the groundhog doesn't interfere with your plants. Lucas is such a handsome young man. How proud your family must be that he is doing so well in his young life. That is what we all hope and pray for our dear ones. It's always fun to see your paintings--glad you'll be continuing to paint Southern People.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ALL we want.Happy ..healthy..happy..Thank you Pam.

      Delete
  4. Lovely garden as always. Hope you get some good rain as we did yesterday. I am waiting for my day lilies to bloom. Your grandson Lucas is such a good looking young man. What are his plans after graduation? My oldest little starts middle school in the fall.One wants to see them grow but yet keep them little. Such is life. I am excited to see your new people watercolors set in the south of France.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ga,,Lucas loves sports..he was on the high school football team and quite a few colleges recruited him.He chose Vanier and will be part of the Cheetahs.I see many football games here there and everywhere in our future.I think long term he's not sure..He mentions commerce..but who knows.I just want them happy.I remember meeting a friend and I asked how her grandchildren were and the first thing was.. he's going to be a doctor.I hope a happy one.I can see her happiness over this career choice as her darling husband was a well respected doctor here.We never know what our chldren..grandchildren will be.I'm no Rhodes Scholar:)So Que sera sera..whatever will be:)

      Delete
  5. The above is Ga

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now why don’t my weeds look that pretty? Although right now my Shasta daisies look pretty but in a few days as I’m cutting back the ones gone over I will be saying something different😬. Your gardens are filled with beauty. And Lucas is a handsome young man. They do grow up fast. Only one little left here, Lillian. She will be off to 1st grade next year, Katherine will be in 5th. No pictures of Frankie either…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your girls..wee...I cannot believe Lillian grade 1! How lucky we have been T with our Littles and bigs:)

      Delete
  7. You have beautiful grandchildren! Does Lucas have a date?dah?💙

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post with lovely flowers and weeds, ha ha. Lucas has grown into a very handsome young man. Time does fly by. So glad you are still painting your people, now Southern people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On rainy days a paintbrush is a grand friend.it's either that or a mop lol.Or a spatula.Thank you Linda!

      Delete
  9. Always a delight to view your post, thank you. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We went for dinner and stayed awhile, but Adam had a date!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Graduation to Lucas. What a handsome young man. And what a big deal to be finishing high school! Everything from your garden looks lovely (I would expect no less!) and it's fun to see your Southern French girls! (I have those same weeds and I keep them, too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are too cute!! Too cute to pull..A weed is but an unloved flower:)

      Delete
  12. I almost missed your garden as I couldn't take my eyes off of Lucas :-) I have groundhog issues here too but I always say that if something is not eating my plants then my garden is not part of the ecosystem. I've created a habitat for every living thing LOL. It's always fun to see your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to grow..lol just not happy to feed groundhogs..I love the bees..the birds ..we have several birdhouses and places to nest..but digging up and eating things..I'm not that green lol.

      Delete
  13. As lovely and lush as your garden is, Lucas really steals the show in this post! What great shots, even though he doesn't like having his photo taken. Mack is the same way - LOL. Love your new France people series! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He hates having his pic taken.:) Like me..but I mean I would gladly oblige if I was Lucas.Gardens are coming along..rained all night..:)

      Delete
  14. Your garden looks amazing!!..also your grandson 😉🍀💙🍀 love Ria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your yellow roses are beautiful and your grand is very handsome! Love your south France people!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many fun things to comment on and no cakes merci deux🙏 Love the new 3/4 view watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. From Parisbreakfast…not Anonymouse

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a handsome young man and nice too! Reflects on his parents and ypu and J. The apples don"t fall far from the trees! Fun to see your art. Always! Blue skies and gorgeous garden up your way.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww... I love the tux pics. :) They are lucky to have you as a nana! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. thank you for writing and publishing this article. this article is very interesting to read for me and very easy to understand and of course very useful

    ReplyDelete