Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Birthdays..


So happy to see my zinnias again:)











These are really called Chase's Dills..Gardenweb forum..you can Google and find.I have been making them for 100 yrs..Lots of discussions re  the pickles there.I don't process after sterilizing the jars and pouring boiling brine over the pickles,all the jars pop and we have never been sick.But you do you:) LOL.

I used to like entertaining..not big groups..a couple or two for dinner.I liked the prep..the camaraderie..then..I couldn't..then Covid..but I didn't stop with my family.

So glad I did not.

My favorite guests ever.


We had a triple bday celebration here Sat and until 4 it rained and was cloudy..

So I did it inside..

The four boys at the kitchen table..

and the 7 adults in the dining room..2 menus..

Susan sent me this.. for the boys... I tried ..and a success.

Read the comments and adapt to YOU.I did and they were perfect.

We don't have Hawaiian rolls I used the Pains Briochés from Costco..same shape ..so tasty..Made 15..

Gone..

For the adults I made a keep on making recipe here.. I started in 2008:) That is how good it is.Not. A.Speck.Left.On.Plates.

Instead of a charcuterie board..I made ind tasting ones..



Some of the hds.. I had chips and popcorn..and varied olives..but the main one..this..

I toasted my focaccia,and those little rectangles? Oh so good..Pizza shortbreads .Nuts and cheese and the boys fave sticks..and J's prosciutto..


I made two desserts..one a cake because ..cake is bday right..I sent them home w/ 3/4..



Yet the Fudge Sundae Pie..was all gone..winner winner since the 70's here.I did not get the recipe from there..But my recipe is in a book I made for the girls 100yrs ago..I usually make a bit more mix of the peanut butter ;)

The cake ..everyone raved about Dolly Parton cakes..LOL I don't bake with mixes..I went to the USA in May and bought.NOTHING like home made..hardly coconutty..Would never repurchase.

I have to however give thanks to ANITA..  she creates such pretty toppers with rice paper..I made two balloons..

Made my fave no knead Olive bread..I have shared it here before..

and very good cheese garlic bread machine rolls..never enough garlic butter so out of the oven I brushed them all with more.Also all gone;) The no knead was hardly touched.


Hope some of you like and try some of these recipes..:)

I'll leave you with ..

Another video..


 I love this..


and sometimes I wonder if social media isn't all about this..

my garlic..my flowers..what I bake..

I hope you know this is kind of my journal..where I can come back and search for recipes.. pics(Let's not mention the lost ones)

Share things that work with me those that do not..

..

Maybe I do  brag about these guys..




They light up my life:)






18 comments:

  1. Love the zinnias… beautiful photography…great recipes… yummy apps …pickles!!
    Thanks for sharing…the boys are adorable 😃 Happy Birthday to all. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE ADOPT ME 🙏 PB
    salivating

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to see your zinnias again, too. They have become one of my all-time favorites! Mine are finally doing well, and every time I see them, I smile. How wonderful to throw out a handful of seeds and end up with bright, hardy blooms.

    Monique, thank you for sharing your recipes with us. I want to try your ice cream pie. That sounds easy and refreshing for a summer dessert. I know your family must have had a wonderful time at the party--and that cake was so pretty!

    I think most of us grandparents brag on our grands. Not a thing wrong with that. Your guys grow and change with every pic you share with us. So doggone cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goes by so doggone fast!! LOL. no.I would love to go back in time to when they were Littles,we spent sooo much time with them..now they have wings to fly:)I have a new kind of zinnia that are dwarfed by my shastas so slower growing..I will take a pic and share you may want to order some;)

      Delete
  4. What a great party! We do this joint celebration also only in February. I am going to try the sliders which will be enjoyed by myself and grandsons! I like your rendition of the charcuterie board.So clever. What are the cones made of? Don’t like it butJuly is almost over. Back to school on the minds of my littles. Doctor appointments, school supplies, new clothes. It all means less time spent together. Time marches on…as I should now. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be marching on to the tune of a fast paced disco tune.They are cardboard.And Juky almost gone..Oh lala.Regardless of how fast time flies..those boys are lovely treasures still loving and kind:)

      Delete
  5. I swear I can gain weight just reading your blog and enjoying the pictures! The boys look fantastic. Your family parties are full of YUM and LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The zinnias are gorgeous. Such a great party for your family. Thank you for sharing the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely photograph of your grandsons. Such handsome young men. No surprise, they come from great stock. Your Birthday party sounds AMAZING! All the food, the recipes, the photos. What a brilliant idea for the appetizers! Love the balloons on the cake! Family times are the best of times. Your flowers, as always, are beautiful. Bragging . . . I think it helps to know the person. Some people, such as yourself, are simply sharing the joy in their lives. Nothing wrong with that. I think it is fairly obvious when someone is bragging in a "Look at me! Look at what I did!" kind of a way. I soon stop following people like that, but sharers like yourself, I love. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie:) I was so happy to see your clan too:) It's different when they are Little..lol but they still asked for the football and tossed the ball around out back once the sun was out.I think all these Farmhouse people showing all the STUFF lol..I do too stop following..Too old for constant show and tell..Its different when you know someone for a long time and know their intrinsic values..Then I love seeing their treasures:)
      xoxoxox

      Delete
  8. Those precious guys! What joy they must bring to you and J daily! Happy, Happy Birthday to those celebrating. Your little charcuterie cones are such a great idea. That you individualized them is even better!
    Still extremely hot here. Sadie and I are pretty much home bound, but that's OK. We love spending time together, and we are both home bodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's the cutest Sarah:) I have heard the heat is bad there..We heard Miami beach water has never been so warm..Poor marine life..I am a HOMEBODY:)

      Delete
  9. I love the photo of your boys. All the photos actually,, . so beautiful! I think I'd like to be on the receiving end of your birthday dinners! Lucky family, too. I've made those sliders before-- they're a favorite. And the ice cream pie sounds wonderful. All that and garden too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie:)You might love that pie..surely the boys will:) I even had a bite:)

      Delete
  10. O my….that cake 🙈🙈🙈 I wish I live closer to you 🙏 do you have some l8v8ng space for me and Leaf ? 🙏🐾🍀🙏💗 hahahaha love love love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a dear thing to say:) I hope things are getting so much better for you.
      xox

      Delete