Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Bake!



 





Have you watched All The Light We Cannot See? On Netflix?


I had read the book and liked it..but a while ago so it was quite a fog in my memory..anyway we loved this on Netflix..Tears:)

The child actress is really blind as well as the adult Marie.Unbelievable performances.

Mark Ruffalo is so easy to look at.I love him as an actor..and Uncle Etienne is portrayed beautifully by Hugh Laurie (House)..Madame Manec is so good too.Anyway we loved it.

I love baking.. I really do..These are this yr's new cutters.

I must say I am a hoarder.No.. a collector..but for 50 yrs of married life very soon ..one can collect a lot.

I'm in my craft room these days and even in the kitchen..I am a hoarder.Just a very tidy one..unless I decide to deep clean..Then I know I have a problem.

Number one..All things baking..ALL.. cake pans ,cookie sheets,muffin tins, madeleine pans..silicone..aluminium,ceramic...copper you name 


it..I developed a liking for trying different things and I was working so after necessities were met I really wasn't collecting handbags and shoes..

It was all kitchen.

Number two..without a doubt,craft supplies..paints,pencils,paintbrushes,papers..all kinds..stamps,inks.

Number three..stitching supplies.. needles,floss,pattens,fabrics..wool..yarn..

Number 4..cameras..I had to take pics of my Littles that are now bigs and then all the extras mentioned above.
So just imagine a craft room..of a girl who saves everything.:(
It's overwhelming.But I swear its organized and tidy.I need see through bins..just a few so that when I open that closet I see..what is where..

I'm old..I've amassed a fortune in cookie cutters and molds and paints.
LOL.And plants;)


Which brings me to another reason I like online libraries..
I do buy art books..I used to buy cookbooks..but novels..never anymore.
There is no room with all my other memorabilia..
Oy.
I do like to receive a book but when I am browsing books I would love to read..if it's online..I am in.






I made delicious biscuits..delicious..layers and layers and layers of goodness..you can find the recipe at @laurenbakedcake on IG.

Only two out of 7 stayed upright.The secret is to scoot them upright during baking and bake frozen:)I know because she gave me the tips.Mine were frozen but not rock solid..these were a treat with honey butter.The recipe makes many more but I froze unbaked ones.
I love the wreaths.I still have thyme and sage:)

PS..The second and third ..photos were frozen solid..I find the rise better just really cold without freezing overnight..I did scoot over..it helped;)Honey butter with..elevates;)Also they are minis.










I do hope I never stop finding my happy in baking.
Once you have retired,,November is a great month to find cozy in all things home.
So grateful I still can and enjoy.


26 comments:

  1. Oh Monique, I, too, am a collector of fabric, stitching supplies, kitchen stuff, and books. I do enjoy having lots of books, even fiction, because I re-read what I love. My sewing/craft room is well organized, but very full.
    Your post is full of so many pretty things, but those biscuits had me drooling. Nothing like a flaky, buttery biscuit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree..biscuits are not the norm here but I think they will be:) I am glad someone else has a used craft room:)

      Delete
  2. I think people who know themselves well are better at collecting what they value. I admire the way you're always baking and painting beauty. Just keep doing what you're doing, Monique. It all matters.Your cookies and biscuits look amazing!

    Hubby and I are recovering from a wretched virus. It came on so hard and fast, we didn't know what hit us. I'm better and able to help cook today's Thanksgiving meal, but I don't think he's well enough to enjoy the holiday. Such is life. Grateful for every single day. And thankful for this beautiful post on Thanksgiving 2023!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving..so sad you are not 100%.So many things flying around:( Take care and I hope you do feel right up to par soon..

      Delete
  3. What a Christmasy treat! Your shaped cookies are the best 👏 Parisbreakfast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not in Fl this Nov.Loving being here:) It's different leading up to Christmas being home:)Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Oh Ga..I had no idea.. Thinking of you with this news.You are a trooper never mentioning what you were going through.Balconville will nestle you in it's arms without the concern of a big house with too much.Take care..I never knew you worked in a bookstore either.How interesting.
    May all good things come to you.Stay positive..best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet post. I love that you collect kitchen goodies. There are always fun cookie cutters. Your baking is fabulous. Love those darling little gnomes. Keep enjoying those bright spots in your life. I am up early prepping for our Thanksgiving dinner. I have also invited a blogger friend and her husband to join us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've added "The Light we cannot see' to my list to be watched. Is it very graphic? Apparently this is not a true story but there is a true story about a blind French resistance fighter. The book: "And There Was Light: Autobiography of Jacques Lusseyran: Blind Hero of the French Resistance" is on my to read list as well.

    I love the new cookie cutters! I seem to be a great collector myself. We're moving next summer & oh my....it's an overwhelming thought of going through it all.

    I could easily find my happy in baking & in eating but no one in my family will eat baked treats. It's not that they don't love them, they just cannot eat them or can only eat very little. So I never bake. I did make TWO apple dumplings for Thanksgiving dessert. We divided them between four people & I ate most of them. They were good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it graphic? Well war scenes always are ..but not gratuitous violence.My daughter and her husband liked it very much also.The actors are endearing..I loved it:)I find I have great camaraderie with collectors..or like minded.Yesterday I had a lovely afternoon with a very young friend..younger than my daughters..she loves to cook and bake..her eyes light up..Companionship has no age.I bet your dumplings were delicious.I sometimes think of an impending move..and have in the past..not for want..and I am sad and overwhelmed.My home is a great source of daily joy.My town..my street..all of it.I could never drive by and witness new owners:(

      Delete
  7. Oh Monique, I can so relate to your craft room! Mine starts out organized but then things get out of place and pretty soon you can't even see the desk underneath the stuff. Decorating for Christmas first, and baking. then that. Meanwhile, there is a door to close. Those biscuits look scrumptious. And a wonderful tip. And I love your cookies, that terrific cake and all the fun baking bits. Tis the season to overdo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and I am grateful I am in the mood..and want to cozy and spoil..I did the craft roomSPARKLES.I do want to replace cardboard banker's boxes..4..with see through plastic like my others.Happy everything Jeanie:)

      Delete
  8. Your cookies are such a feast for the eyes and your find the most charming cookie cutters. There could be worse addictions :) Yours are fun ones! I spy some beautiful oldies and goodies. ♥ Those biscuits are calling my name! I wish I had more time :( I did get the tree up yesterday so I'm happy for that and had a fun time with L & W at their lake house for Thanksgiving. It was so good to get away and not worry about the rehab house for a few days. I know how organized you are. I need more closets - LOL. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only busy with this:)My little life...I don't know how you do it.J laughs..my only bad dreams are real estate ones..as if I was still a realtor! Which is weird because I found those dear thank you cards from clients.But I dream of forgetting something on an offer(Like hello never because I went home before after and during worrying for my clients)I could never redo those 30 yrs.NEVER.I would be a wreck.Yes we have known each other a long lovely time and your recollections are on point.I'm sure you had a wonderful TG:) We had one family minus A ( a new dog)for two little get togethers..alone..and Sunday C and fam come for dinner.I meed more closets too;) xoxox

      Delete
  9. Your blog has been a guiding light in my learning journey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are too cute as are your baked items ♥ I have way too many cookie cutters, and most I will never use again, but I keep buying more. I love your new cookie cutters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same lol:) Which charity shop will inherit them? In my case ..:)

      Delete
  11. Hello again, Monique! ♥ Your blog is aglow with love and creativity and beauty as always. It's a balm to the soul. Those biscuits are especially pretty with their delicate wreaths on top. Oh, this time of year! I feel like I see about 300 ideas every year I want to try. . . !

    And anything Anne Frank. . . . ♥

    Love to you and yours. More soon. How is it December 2nd!!? :) xox Val ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't time flyyyy?Wait until you are old like me;) I am like you I want to bake and make everything.The day I stop wanting to do is the day I will worry.I have been there:( I prefer wanting to do.I hope you parents are good(mom?)..and brother and baby..So glad you adopted a needy kitty.I follow a TikToker from Mtl she ends her tiktoks with.."much Love"..there you go:)

      Delete
  12. Have only just started that series on Netflix. So good! I have always enjoyed looking at all of your bakes through the years. You inspire me to want to bake things, but your presentation is impeccable always. Everything is a piece of art! Happy December! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just watched All the Light over the weekend, loved it too. Happy baking! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. 𝗕𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗼𝗶𝗻 𝗜𝗻𝘃𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗦𝗰𝗮𝗺𝘀

    Beware of Bitcoin investment schemes where scammers, posing as experienced "investment managers," lure investors with tales of massive cryptocurrency profits. Promising hefty returns, these fraudsters ask for an upfront fee, only to vanish with your money, leaving you with empty promises. They may even ask for personal information under the guise of fund transfers, risking your cryptocurrency security. Don't let the allure of quick wealth cloud your judgment. Always verify the credibility of those you're investing with and remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Stay informed, invest wisely, and protect your digital assets.

    Got Scammed Online?

    Rustik Cyber Hack Service Team Of Experts Specialize In Retrieving Lost Funds From fraudulent Brokers. Crypto, BTC, Usdt , Eth, and Bank Transferred Funds scammed, etc.

    Get more information on Web site: RUSTIKCYBERHACKSERVICE. COM and easily reach out to Rustik Cyber Hack Service through WhatsApp + 1.38.63.48.78.38 and Telegram: @rustikcyberhackservice Email: rustikcyberhackservice@Gmail.com

    #CryptoScamAlert #InvestSmart #BitcoinBeware #SecureYourCrypto #FraudPrevention

    ReplyDelete