Friday, June 29, 2012

Cathy and Ann's Chocolate Meringue Cookies~Ooh lala!

It's true what they say:) ..
Well Ann and Cathy..and etc:) When I saw these on Cathy's blog~Wives With Knives..
I knew I would make these
 
 Then Ann from Thibault's Table made them..


 

 And it was Father's Day weekend and I knew I could bring them to my daughter's with Butter Brickle:)

So..I made them~
 So good~ My family loved them at father's Day~ It was so cute seeing 6 kids enjoying them ad the adults too..It was pre-dessert..Thank you ladies.. And Thanks to Cathy and TCSF and Ann..here is the recipe:



 Chewy Chocolate Meringue Cookies
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
 1/4 teaspoon salt
 2-1/2 cups chocolate chips
 4 egg whites
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
optional ingredients: dried cranberries, dried cherries, toffee bits
 Instructions
Position 2 racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in a bowl. Stir in chocolate chips. Add egg whites and vanilla; mix with a fork or electric mixer on medium until batter is just moistened. (Do not overbeat or batter will stiffen.) Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets in evenly spaced mounds. Bake cookies until tops are lightly cracked and glossy, about 15 minutes. Cool briefly, then carefully remove from parchment paper with a spatula. Cookies may be soft and fragile so proceed carefully to lift cookies and place them on racks to cool. Do not wait too long to remove them from baking sheets, for they will stick, even to parchment paper. Repeat with remaining batter. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
 Notes Chris’s notes: ~ I found that slightly rounded teaspoons of batter work best. I tried making bigger ones and they did not bake as nicely. Also, make sure to leave plenty of room around each one as they will spread. ~ When I made these cookies I found, through trial and error, that if I lightly buttered the parchment paper, then left the cookies right on the paper till they were cool there was no problem removing them. ~ I tried them with 2 cups of chocolate chips and a cup of roughy chopped dried cherries – fabulous! I also tried them with 2 cups of chocolate chips and 1 cup of toffee bits, even better!!
My Notes.. I did everything they said:) But just chocolate chips. And I had no trouble removing them slightly cooled from buttered parchment~ So easy and quick to make.. Jacques had 1 before we went..and said I'll just have another.That's always a good sign~

17 comments:

  1. Tu as résolument décidé que je ne pourrai plus porter ma petite robe d'été avec ces petits gâteaux qui me semblent si succulents!...
    J'en ai l'eau à la bouche...
    Je te souhaite un excellent week-end...
    Je vais t'avouer que le mien va être gastronomique ! avec une rencontre avec l'ordre international des Anysetiers !
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh M~A..cela semble merveilleux~

    Nous aussi ..auront un dîner un peu spécial:) Ce soir.. des amis viennent.Toujours agréable de s'affairer dans la cusine ..C'est un acte d'amour pour moi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh they look like gorgeousness on a plate!....I know someone special here that would enjoy!I too will have to try .
    Shel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookies look so tempting,they are a must bake this weekend.thanks
    for sharing your recipe.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are delicious! I made them Father's Day weekend, also. They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw these cookies on Cathy's blog and they looked so good. Nice to know that a everyone loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy to read that you and your family enjoyed this cookies, Monique. We loved them too with their intense chocolate flavor. It's hard to believe that such simple ingredients make such delicious cookies. Thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am making these for Eid Monique...for sure...so gorgeously chocolate....LOVE your 'food for thought plate'! ANd your new beautiful, beautiful blog header! n tq for your always lovely, kind and generous comment ~ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also saw these on Cathy's blog and thought they sounded divine.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathy ..so glad you saw they were appreciated..and I clearly see not only by me:)
    Zurin your tags ARE amazing.. I hope people who followed your beautiful food blog and found you again with the tags:)They are meant to be seen:)
    Kate we made them the same time!
    Bon weekend~It's gorgeous here at this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Monique, nice to know your family loved these cookies as much as mine. I'm so glad that Cathy posted this recipe.

    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw them on Cathy's blog....worried about the meringue part, which doesn't hold up too well in our humidity. Glad to read they are chewy, so it might work. I'll give them a try. Thanks, Monique.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barbara..I think they would work:) I know Fl.. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here I am showing up late again! We are happily enjoying a quiet day after several very busy ones. These cookies look so delicious! Chocolate is always welcomed in my home :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. J'en aurais pris un aussi avant de partir, je crois ! ;o) En tout cas, je pique la recette !

    ReplyDelete
  16. I made these and the batter is like liquid. Don't you usually whip the eggs first and then fold them in to the dry ingredient AND THEN add the chocolate chips. The cookies turn out like pancakes with the chocolate chips all clustered in the middle. Very confused about this one.

    ReplyDelete