Friday, June 21, 2019

In the summertime when the weather is fine..~














Things have certainly improved garden wise..yet still a lot was lost so some bare spots where they were full!

The peonies..the first 3 opened today..at least 100plus  to come..
I don't count these creamy white ones..they last but a few days..they were my seed started ones over 15 yrs ago..I have ap 7 plants in a circle around the round cutting bed.
The Iris have been fab because they came before the rose chafers this year.
My roses are about to pop..
I pray the chafers stay away .


I have painted but a bit..a vase of my mom's..it's on my other computer:)

No stitching except for 2 dishcloths for someone:)

I did receive a lovely gift from my fave company ever:)


I had painted a little something that the Director appreciated.
I appreciate her:)

Also I am sure I have shared this recipe before..
It's Ricardo's Shrimp..Merguez..and couscous..
but I made it again twice this month and both my girls make it too..
So I felt I shoud go on about it again;)

You can find the recipe here..

Listen though..you don't need the cauliflower although I love it..you can use broccoli..
I keep my onion pieces larger .
My Merguez is thin..
You have to SEASON this dish..add more oil..be generous w/ the smoked paprika..garlic..parsley etc..

It comes together in no time and is so flavorful.

Can you believe I still have a few garlic bulbs left?
Well over 100..but we are at the end;)
Gratefully 2019 crop is promising.

Then I made another Diane Morrisey dish from IG..you can find the recipe by going to IG..her stories..

It's richer than what I usually make..and J got most of the sauce..(It's a butter wine sauce you add upon serving..)
It was delicious.
I didn't have ham..used bacon..a new one I love..Round..Fortin.



So basically..you start by blanching asparagus.
I pre-cooked my bacon.
Then you panko bread thin chicken breast cutlets.
You know how that works..a chicken breast sliced horizontally..seasoned flour..egg..panko..
fully cook on the stove top..
assemble as above..
top w/ provolone..Broil..
Parsley..little new potatoes..the sauce..
Wow. For a rainy Thursday night;) 

Bon weekend..I'll be watching my garden grow..and weeding~
And baking and painting~
Thanks to everyone who inspires me all the time.





28 comments:

  1. The most beautiful of summer is this: all these beautiful flowers! In winter I miss my flowers!
    I love Bonne maman jams ! my favorite!
    Have a nice weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may just sit and stare at these gorgeous garden photos! I'm happy your summer has arrived and you can be out working in the garden. I took my morning walk, then watered before the heat sets in. I need to weed, but will wait till I'm rid of this virus that hangs on with an ugly cough. The shrimp and couscous sounds delish! I will make this soon.
    Your weekend plans sound relaxing. I need to work on some closet reorganization. That doesn't sound relaxing to me, but it's a task that I can't continue to put off.
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh for the first time in years I have allergies again and caught Oli’s old so I hear you.I have a very sensitive face and all changes compound everything.Grateful for all my distractions as your
      Closet will be to you🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙂

      Delete
  3. Oh my, What a difference a week can make :) My irises are finished, the single peonies almost toast and almost every other peony open. I keep my fingers they we can have at least a few days of dry weather to enjoy them. What a scent in the garden right now. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood here today too. Dane is coming for an overnight and I need to bake cookies ♥ Everything looks beautiful and delicious there, Pea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your blonde blue eyed charmer💙💙Everything is just so fleeting..I will need my seeds to kick in ..the zinnias are my disappointment.Nicotinaself seeds💙Nasturtiumsare looking fab..tomato seedlings popping up so many places!Iwill lève some to see what happens..Go forthandBake Pea!!

      Delete
  4. This post is ticking all the right boxes for me today -- the shrimp looks to die for and so does the chicken. And of course your garden is simply splendid. Love that Bonne Maman loved your work so much they shared! Even more inspiration!

    Oh, the irises. The peonies (mine are gone now, too). Maybe we will see summer blooms after all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both Ricardo and Diane:)

      You have been so intrepid!
      What a Spring for you.
      Hope everything turns out so well..after everything you have been through.
      My lungs have become very sensitive too..so I can just imagine..:(

      Delete
  5. Your gardens are looking lovely! Thank you for the links to the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Monique,
    What a bubbly mid-summer post written by you!
    LOVE your peonies, enjoy them and indeed, may your roses not get attacked.
    Your cooking looks so very yummy and great photos all together.
    Happy weekend.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little heavier than usual our latest meals..the rain..

      the rain and inspo made me make them:)

      Things are coming along..but I spied my first chafers today:( Bon Dimanche demain!

      Delete
  7. Lovely post, as always, and the chicken looks phenomenal, but, naturally, I gravitated towards that unique bowl (plate?) in which you served the meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plate☺️Pattie years ago I had a lovely blogging friend..Mary..she was a fabulous baker..made beautiful dishes..she sent me a set of 8 of these dishes one year.I think they are J’s faves..with the years..she stopped blogging..stopped corresponding..too bad%She was very special.

      Delete
  8. Oh I'm definitely going to try the chicken. Jealous of all your pretty jars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you follow D Morrisey..pretty amazing☺️☺️

      Delete
  9. Yesterday was stellar, love your peonies and my first rose bloomed two days ago. Joe harvested his garlic scapes, so it's one month before harvest.
    Your meals sound wonderful, I'll get some sausage and make Ricardo's dish soon. We have very warm temperatures this week, happy gardening. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will enjoy his dish..just taste taste taste add lemon etc..the first time one of my girls made it she found it bland..my oter dauter said you have to taste and season:) So true..so easy so delish.I love that couscous is a 5 minute wonder and that this dish is a one pan whole meal.

      Delete
  10. Happy everything to you🙂Even à beautiful breeze yesterday..yes about 1 month🙂🙂👏🏻🌟🍃🌱

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blooms are gorgeous! Happy summer. Thanks for sharing Richardo's shrimp recipe. I did look up D. Morrisey on Instagram. Everything looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't her dishes just scream make me make me?:) I find at least;) Have a great week!

      Delete
  12. Your pictures are really amazing. The last one with aspargus is not only beautiful but also incredibely delicious.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bacon makes everything delish:) We rtion it of course;) Bon weekend!!

      Delete
  13. However did I miss this post Monique! I don't know. I checked today to see if you had posted and here you are! I am usually a lot faster at reading than this! Your gardens are looking beautiful. It sure didn't take very long for everything to get going after the long winter you had! Or maybe time is just speeding by so quickly that I can't keep up with it. I have always loved your Queen of the Garden. The older she gets, the more charming she gets. Todd would love the shrimp dish. That is something I don't often cook as I am allergic, but he loves Shrimp. The Chicken Dish looks amazing also! Chicken, Bacon, Asparagus, it really is tweaking all my tastebuds! Even the potatoes look fabulous! You are truly appreciated by Bonne Maman! What a lovely gift. I wish we could get the intense jams over here! So lovely I am sure! Have a wonderful weekend! The sun is finally shining here and we are enjoying it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a ovely weekend marie..your picnic was priceless!
      Bécassine is acting like a rooster right now..lol yesterday she got a rotisserie carcass and meat for a snack..(I know!!)(*&^%)..so she wants more lol..back to chicken feed today:)
      Diane M is like you at least at least 1 recipe a day! You gals..!!Kudos!!

      Delete
  14. Did you already post the gift painting that you had made for La Bonne Maman? Your savory meals are making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete