Friday, May 28, 2021

Gardening~I still love it~And Bravo Mail Chimp is working and I think I love it:)

 

Still early but things are looking up...

















I am very predictable..still doing what I love..gardening painting ,baking..

The gardens are slowly coming alive..  The Bridal Wreath Spirea MAKES my garden this week..
Again I wish these showgirls would last forever.
The irises are starting to pop..bearded first usually..
Peonies ...singles first..
Lots of white and blue right now..
Some mauve w/ the chives and alliums..

I made chive vinegar..used distilled..as white wine vinegar has a tint.I wanted clear lol of course.

Gaura..an annual I planted because oh my gosh it was here and there in Provence at the place we rented and I loved it..I feel it could be very draught tolerant too.

I planted Verbena Bonariensis too ..it also is drought tolerant.I love these things that sway in the wind:)

And Cleome..It's been years..I just had to.

My pansies suck.:)
Costco ones..  wow what a disappointment.
That's a harsh word but it best describes the terrible outcome so far.
My local nursery one sooo much better..
Tomatoes in early early seedling stages..
My sunflowers were eaten...(seedlings)
I should have bought more mulch..

That bread recipe that 2002 kcmd (T) shared on Instagram is the bread bomb.
It's versatile..does so much.I have it taped inside a cabinet for quick access..you don't want to see..my drawers and binders of recipes..Made and tested!
And loved..
I do have a stack to try..but my drawers are now full of I Loves.
Makes finding what I want much faster (who am I kidding?)

It appears our vaccines...second) will be advanced..great news.
Terrasses opened today.



She's a type of maidenead fern..a gift from a clients garden ap 20 yrs ago.♥



Bon Weekend~Take care~
Thanks for visiting me.

OHMYGOODNESSSSSSSS

A glitch again.

I hope you will forgive me..to all of you getting three emails.

Mea Culpa

I just want this to work...:(

26 comments:

  1. You garden is looking lovely! That bread looks amazing. Yeah for the vaccine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great be great news about the vaccine! It is still raining and so chilly here and the gang is coming! Even though only the girls are not vaccinated I would have preferred to be outdoors. Your garden is in tip top shape. You must be very proud. Enjoy the weekend, Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is so lovely. My husband and I are in the process of leaving our family farm in order to live nearer our kids. I look forward to being close to family (esp our only grandchild), but I will desperately miss my gardens. Isn't it funny how I can be so forgetful sometimes, but when I walk among my plantings, I remember where each came from--some were gifts, others I shopped for, but all nurtured and loved. Our gardens are better than therapy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Pam:) Oh what a hard decision you had to make..But honestly in the last 15 plus years nothing has brought me as much joy as seeing my grandchildren..I am happy for you..But like you..I know who gave me the seeds that made something grow..I know who gave me a plant or why I bought it.It's a true memory lane..I hope you can bring some of your memories!All nurtured and loved..for sure:)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful garden shot! Oh gosh, that fern, I love her too! She lives outdoors? I have to see if I can find one. Ferns love it here in the shade :) I'm so glad to hear about Mail Chimp! I installed it on my blog...we'll see. Still haven't figured out how to do a test email without it going to everyone who was a follower before :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacques got it and it's Perfect:) Fingers crossed!But I am sure its working and they sent me an email saying it went out:)
      I found that once the test email..:)
      Yes has lived outdoors here 15 yrs! LOVE...

      Your gardens are gorgeous!

      Delete
  5. Your flower pics are incredible! And the bread...I will look that up on IG! :) Feeling inspired, as always...Hope you are well. Great news about the vaccines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are looking up..but not as up as you:)♥

      Delete
  6. Your blog is gorgeous and the photography likewise. You are coming through to me with MailChimp. I think mine is working fine, of course, if I had done it myself it wouldn't have, that's for sure..Enjoy the weekend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm told it's not working fine:(Thank you for your patience!!!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful pionies...love from me Ria 🍀💕🍀

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers and food. Our second vaccines are being accelerated, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No news on when though....hurry hurry...

      Delete
  9. Your garden is definitely looking up. It takes us a while in our "zones", but we do catch up to others. I love Cleome! Yay to the vaccines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been years since I have grown cleomes..I realized I need more annuals..my gardens are filled with perennials..lol..yes no news yet on the second vax though..hurry hurry..

      Delete
  10. Baking, gardening, painting. That's a predictable I can get into!

    The garden blooms are glorious and your photos show them to the best advantage. I might have to make some vinegar, too -- thanks for the tip on the distilled. Your baked goods look to die for and you know how much I love your paintings. Isn't it wonderful to see spring again and maybe have it here to stay. (I certainly hope so with the solstice just 20 days away!)

    Good news on the vaccine availability being sped up. I hope you can get #2 soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too!
      Thanks Jeanie I love all this.. I mean not EVERYTHING about gardening lol unless I had a helper..will hire a boy or two (ours) later in the season maybe.right now manageable..a tiny black fly bit my eye..I feel pretty oh so pretty..(SWOLLEN)...I don't get that when I bake or paint;)

      Delete
  11. I hope your eye heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did..J had 2 on his forehead..still puffy but I can be seen lol:)Thank you!

      Delete
  12. I have not been able to check all week, and then I do and wow, two posts to enjoy! I need to sign up with Mail Chimp so I get updates from you! Ouch about the blackfly bite! My youngest daughter got bitten on her eye once and it swelled right up. She looked like a frog! Hope yours heals quickly! I have loved all of your photos of your flowers, your baking and your paintings. You are such a multi-talented person. Thank you so much for all you share! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you followed me on Bloglovin like me you..I think I follow you on two things lol..Mail Chimp is working I have not done it right but they get to you.;)

      Delete
  13. Gardening painting and baking sounds good to me, I adore the magic of ordinary moments.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete