Monday, February 14, 2022

Already mid-Feb~

  













A place of honor in one of my book nooks in the cookbook library:)




So..I can't say Valentine's Day is important to me..maybe too many under my belt ..and so commmmmmercial.
I think it's for lovers and other strangers..Wasn't that a movie?
I think I was the most romantic person in the 70's  I made matching heart dresses for the girls and I..
My mom had always given me something cute..
But I think with the years to be honest..as in my case things change when you are not married to a romantic..
But I love all the cuteness..  and I think I only stopped before Covid giving the boys furry friends and chocolates etc..♥And while our girls lived at home I never missed one either:)
I do share a Galantine every year w/ Sarah..and Marie.. pops a Valentine in the mail.I was pleasantly surprised at first and now I think it's fun♥
Galantines they are called..
That ♥ at the beginning..came from Sarah..
I have hearts in our home here and there..
From Fifi..Ronelle..years ago!moi;)I keep everything I think..

In February..in France..there is a celebration called chandeleur..when you make pancakes..I tried a new trick and it works!
 Before pouring your batter swrl some batter that you have added cocoa powder ..from a squeeze bottle..and swirl ..wait just a bit until it sets then pour your batter.I thought they would be hard..not:)

Tried some KAF discard biscuits..but I fold mine and I think that helps with height.
I used this recipe..

Marie has a new cookbook out and the first thing I made were her custard creams..it seems like 100 yrs ago..Marie sent me these cutters from the UK.I love them.
Her book is just the right size..chockful of recipes I look forward to making and is so pretty..Springtime fresh no?Excellent reviews!!

I had ordered a stamp just before the weekend..had it arrived Friday I would have delivered but it arrived today.
In a flimsy envelove and I thought the nob ..a tiny dot knob was broken.I sent a pic to the company and they said its not broken there is two way tape,,tape it on..Harrrumoh..no note in the nevelope lol not even thank you for your purchase...just a regular white plain business envelope..with two thin cardboards..you know the kind you used to get in the 60's when you laundered a shirt:(

I LOVE thos words and tried it regardless of my too soon dissatisfaction.
It works like a CHARM.

And wrote the company back and told them how well they worked.
I had to!



So that's about it..It freezing cold here but beautiful blue skies..
One of my little families is seeing the tail end of Covid..all five got it once the boys went back to school.
Measurements are loosening up here..
Our other daughter is a kindergarten teacher..one day 11 littles were off with covid.My daugther knock on wood has never caught it..nor her son..a friend who teaches with her said.."I'm really happy you never caught it because that class of yours is a dumpster fire"
All in good jest.
I mean it's true..for 2 yrs having kids hugging her lol..
Fingers crossed..
Have a good week.


29 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your daughter never got Covid with all those little darlings all over her. I believe some people just have the right mix of something that helps them resist the disease. Good genes, good living and good luck. I hope it stays that way for her. The comment about her class being a dumpster fire made me laugh. I have heard that in my past. MAsking mandates have loosened here but most still are slow to shed. This time I am one of them.

    Your photos and cooking stories always are a treat to see and read. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cracked up atDumpster Fire!
      And you being the nurse of the school..
      Omgee can you imagine these days!
      Take care notshedding my mask for a while ☺️

      Delete
  2. All looks absolutely lovely and beautiful, yes I love Marie's recipes always amazing!! Happy Valentine days dear Monique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the cookie stamp arrived on Valentine's day and you had a special treat ❤. I made lava cakes and enjoyed them last evening with family for our anniversary. Glad one of your little families is seeing the tail end of Covid. I bet you froze some of the cookies for them :-) I know Marie's cookbook must be excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im seeing my girls Saturday so I will give them then:)I'll make more also as they are that good:) Happy Anni Lovebirds!!

      Delete
  4. Always perfect holiday decor comme d’habitude ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm inspired to try to make pressed cookies! I've never even tried them, but they are beautiful. What a sweet gift they'd make! And those striped pancakes. Nearly too perfect to eat;) but I'd sure try...

    Thankful that many in your family are on the mend and that your daughter dodged the Covid bullet. When I read that her class was a "dumpster fire" I laughed. I used to be an elementary teacher and there were some classes that were beyond description! Dear God, may all of us put this virus behind us (sooner rather than later). Thanks for the lovely post, Monique! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed too when she told me..:) She's been incredibly lucky and Noah too..Pam if you follow my link to those cookies..I daresay you will succeed!
      Once stamped I chill mine..before baking..with out cold weather in the porch is fine..or even outside but covered..:)Have a very good week Pam!

      Delete
  6. Happy to hear your family is on the mend from covid.
    I like that Je t'aime stamped cooke.
    I put a few decorations out but not much in the mood this year. Over the years I have collected lots of heart shaped jewelry so I suppose I could just decorate myself. Take care & stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love heart shaped jewelry♥ LOL..yes how cute decorate yourself.Bonne semaine!

      Delete
  7. Love the sweet striped heart. Your pancakes and cookies look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always very cute cookies. So sorry sorry some of you family came down with Covid. My great grandkids came down with Covid as well. They are fine. Some men aren’t romantic. Engineers seems to be more focused on practicability . Paul did surprise me with those preserved roses and a lovely Italian lunch out. I shall check out Marie’s new book, it looks fantastic. Happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have such a good memory..I do think engineers are more practical than romantic too..Yt your Paul is full of surprises:)

      Delete
  9. I hate when I start a comment and then click on a link and lose the comment - LOL. I do it all too often. LOVE the hand made heart from Sarah. Everything looks so delicious!! Those pancakes are little works of art. I should try next time we have a sleepover with one of the boys and let them do the drizzle. 😍 I just downloaded Marie's cookbook onto my iPad Kindle. The recipes sound wonderful and your Custard Creams turned out perfect with the British stamps! And your new stamp - perfection! They sell the British stamps on Amazon. You see how I read and then go off into a rabbit hole. 🤣 So glad to hear everyone is on the mend and that M never got sick. Fingers crossed that will remain true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too I hate that! I have Marie's big one on Kindle too.
      These cookies Susan..Pin that recipe:) It's a bit th manner in which the Nordic Ware stamps you gave me..work..except since my stamp was 3.5 across..I wanted to use your ravioli heart stamp..so I couldn't really do a ball method ..but it worked perfectly:) LOL yes try drizzles with boys:)♥I miss those days..I have the company name of the heart..somewhere:)I kept the paper..but where? I was putting away V day cutters and things..so I placed it somewhere safe..LOL.

      Delete
  10. Monique, you are sunshine for so many! What a beautiful blog that comes to us!!! It's like a very special magazine subscription!!! I'm sorry the whole family got COVID, but glad they are fine. It is so scary! No one knows how different individual will react to this virus. Your daughter who teaches, yes, littles hang on her all day! I remember well!
    Love, love, love the new cookie stamp. Thank you for the info. Will follow through today!
    Stay warm and cozy! Hugs across the miles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♥As you are sunshine to so many..I think Covid has been easier on us bloggers with companionship via virtual:)I can't imagine without.
      Thank you again!
      I like Galantines:)

      Delete
  11. Mmmmmmm…..I am hungry now 🙈 love from me Ria and Leaf 🍀💗🍀🐾🍀

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Monique, it's all so beautiful! Yes, it's the cute of it all that I love. The hearts and valentines with friends. Rick, too, of course but just the whole thing. Your cookies look SO GOOD! I love Marie's cookbook. So far I've just made the scones and petticoat tails. I was going to try my first Battenberg cake but realized I didn't have all the ingredients. It's a terrific book. Your cutters are wonderful.

    I'm glad your family has recovered and just sorry they had to have this. Fingers are crossed your daughter doesn't catch it from her kindy kids! You take care, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all hoping she wont catch it too..:) Yes Easter and Valentine's ..so cute..:)Her cookies are spot on Jeanie..I'll be making more things soon..I did just make her banana coconut muffins..Next time I will make sure my bananas are black LOL J likes them like I used them..but I don't like one hint of not fully ripe in banana bread desserts..That coconut demerara sugar is stellar!Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  13. Oh it looks really good!
    Love from Titti

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are my sunshine. My grandmother used to sing that song to me all the time. I am so late commenting. I read a week ago, but then, on the iPad I could not comment. Thank you so much for your very kind words and your wonderful review on Amazon. I appreciate it so very much. Everything helps! Those cookie cutters, I am happy that you use them. Your cookies turned out excellent! Picture perfect! As for Covid. I am so sick of Covid, but keep doing what I must do, what we are told to do and I hope, hope, hope that soon things will be different. I know we all feel the same. Happy your family is recovering and what a miracle your girls and Noah haven't caught it! It would mean death for me I am sure. Your new cookie cutter/stamp, your pancake. Trés magnifique!! Beautifully presented as always. Love and hugs and happy weekend wishes. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sick of it too..I did go for dinner after Caro tested negative and went out with my daughters for lunch..my teacher daughter doesn't want to give anything to J.Ive been reading certain blood types don't get it!
      There are more than 1 reasons to applaud all your accomplishments Marie!
      T on Instagram suggested you go on the great canadian baking show but I told her you were a pro..
      Geesh if you can..do it!

      Delete