Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Birthday Month..

  












Our home was beautified with Spring bouquets last Week..And of course they are still lasting..
I take pics of them all the time:)

We had a double celebration for my youngest daughter's birthday..46..oh lala..and mine.
We were invited to our eldest daughter's ..she hosts our double bdays:)

Generous Italian dinner.. so so so so good..
Lasagnas.. meatballs..arancini.. caesar salad ..garlic bread..so many apps..We were twelve and all the men are tall tall tall..Noah is catching up!

The next day I had soup for lunch and soup for dinner and went for a very long walk:)

I was in charge of desserts..






 


I made little tea cakes ..Now those turn out adorbs.. Tips..add mint LAST minute.. my mint would last but store bought wilts soon after..
Make sure you have a container high enough to keep these little naked cakes moist.
I do like brushing on a simple syrup to keep cakes moist but because these are naked all around..and you cannot put a Saran or the piped roses will squish...a good airtight container is a very good idea.

I made the recipe where I found the cakes..but would stick to my own versions of coconut cakes tried along the yrs.
American friends even have a cake mix that one reader said is ideal for these..Dolly Parton's coconut cake mix.
Who knew she cooked..Debbie at Mountain Breaths first mentioned them:)

The choco cheesecake is Preppy Kitchen's recipe.

Such a nice night..

I prefer giving gifts..
But who can resist receiving a watercolor of a bouquet I made years ago?
It was tucked into my birthday package from Susan..who never brags about her artistic talents..I know because I have some here..some watercolors through the years.
Even Jacques thought it was a photo it's so perfect and I love the cream paper.
I love it.

One sweet girl has  added to my  colllection of these sweet La Fermière crocks.I brought blue ones back from Povence..we don't have them here.. in the last couple of yrs Sarah has added so many to my collection and in many colors.She's a jar lover like I am.
I use them for many things:)
Mostly as vases:) For my garden flowers.
She lives in Austin and has beautiful gardens.
We exchange Valentines..  I mailed her card over 1 month ago and it's still not there.:(

How much pleasure does a gardener get in seeds? Let me tell you..gardening is exponentially more rewarding when something actually works from seed you have planted.
Last yr I discovered I could grow Zinnias..because of 
Susan..in Canada.
This yr I'll get to the rabbits before them for sunflowers:)

Susan and I were friends with our beautiful Linda..
She shared February with me..

Have a good week..

PS Yes I took out the last birthday card my mom ever bought me in 1973..Unsigned..I have kept it.
Found it in one of her drawers when I was sorting them..I was 19..
You really think you can never be happy again..
it takes so long..but you can..














26 comments:

  1. What beautiful desserts you made for your combo birthday party! Those rosettes are so pretty. Works of art! I saw some photos of those tall boys on IG. ♥ It's so wonderful being with family on these special occasions. So wonderful. I am thrilled to be able to buy tulips again and and your bouquets are gorgeous. The jars are adorable! What wonderful offerings...I'm blushing. Your mother's birthday card, what a treasure you found and saved. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both love your aquarelle:) It is spot on of my bouquet but forever.I put it in a floating glass frame..Hope you approve:):)You are an incredible artist Susan.xo

      Delete
  2. What a special celebration! Our oldest was born on my birthday! Your blog posts have always been lovely! Beautiful cakes; I’ve never tried anything from the Preppy Kitchen; all he does is so tempting! Quite an extraordinary time for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely weekend:)My husband and I are low key,,no gifts..no cards anymore..but we do buy Costco tulips;)My daughters and friends spoil me.Happy birthday to your oldest son:)Everything he makes looks fab you are right!

      Delete
  3. How wonderful to celebrate another year of a well living life with your loving family. What date is your birthday so maybe next year I can send you wishes. Both my children are February babies...now 48 & 44...yikes. Those cakes are incredibly beautiful but then that is the way you do everything!! My best wishes for another year of good health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our girls are close! Mine will be 48 in August and the other just turned 46:)Thank you Ga:)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely birthday celebration! So glad you have your family nearby so you can be together for special days. Those desserts--gosh Monique--you amaze! They look perfect. And I bet they were delicious. Such sweet gifts---so many who love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it is totally low key without my girls :)My husband grew up in a family where gifts were almost not given.I grew up with a mom who always gave me a gift and a beautiful card.My girls are more like me for that..And I feel fortunate to have known Susan for over 22 yrs on social media..:) Sarah..close ..and Susan from Ontario..much more recently..Nice nice girls..
      Thank you Pam:)

      Delete
  5. How special to have your family close by and to celebrate your birthday along with your daughter’s. Your other daughter created an Italian feast for the birthday girls.The little tea cakes are beautiful and I bet delicious. Love the rosettes on top. The flowers are lovely. Love the cute little La Fermière crocks. Preppy Kitchen has some fabulous recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure does! Can you get that yogurt in California? The rosettes are truly a cinch! Wilto 2D piping tip loads of videos on youtube.They are effortless..truly..Yes I am very fortunate to have my girls live close by:)

      Delete
  6. A late BONNE ANNIVERSAIRE Monique!!
    I love the bouquet aquarelle too ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan is a wonderful..humble artist! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your birthday month looks like an ongoing celebration, the best kind! I'm so happy the crocks arrived safely. Never know with such a long journey. I love this new color! These petite pots are perfect for garden flowers. Enjoy!
    Keep celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happiest of birthdays! Continue the celebration as long as you can! And of course you made the desserts! They're beautiful and elegant (and believe me, if you were here for Cork Poppers, you would be on dessert duty!). I love your flowers and lovely gifts. The crocks are wonderful and all your beautiful flowers and that card... I love them all. Let the party continue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's over:)Im fine with that.I love celebrating OTHERS now..Funny younger I appreciated the attention.I love that I share mine with my daughter..It's not all on me lol.I like wine;) Cork Poppers could work;)

      Delete
  10. You and your daughters make everything so special :-) I'm going to try those coconut cakes with the Dolly Parton cake mix. I just need to buy that Wilton tip. An Italian feast for the birthday girls is right up my alley. Love the cute little La Fermière crocks, I have two of the same color you showed. They had a delightful orange honey yogurt in them. Susan is a wonderful artist! The friendships that have been nurtured thanks to social media is so heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Long standing and never any drama:) What's the point as Oli would say:)
      Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday! Love that bouquet! Always so nice visiting your lovely blog :)
    Hug, Titti

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet, celebratory month! :) Hope you both had fabulous birthdays! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful month of celebrations February was for you. The food sounds gorgeous and as usual your desserts are exemplary. I'd expect nothing less from you! You always make such a beautiful presentation of everything. Those flowers so beautiful, the little pots just darling, and I had no idea Susan was such a fabulous artist. So many talented people in the world! I am in awe. You are right, you never think you can be happy again. I will be doing very well and then some little thing will set me off and I am in boo hoo land. I miss my mom terribly and I was so blessed to have had her for much longer than you. (((((hugs))))) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boohoo land ..PERFECT:):):):I luck out with certain desserts..trust me this week was.. 2 dessert fails.I succumb t TikTok lol and ..well..they don't look the same lol.;)

      Delete