Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Linda's Biscuits~And Marie's Tea Party Cookbook~

My friend Linda at How to Cook A Wolf blogspot..has shared so many great great recipes with all of us..The last recipe I tried of hers were her biscuits..I made them for Mother's Day..twice..my daughters said I hope this recipe is on your blog:) I said it was just on Linda's but I will post it.. Can you believe we went in and made another batch for one daughter to take home and bake because she was having her DMIL for dinner?They take minutes:) I love being in the kitchen with my girls. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ You can visit Linda here: But I will jot her recipe here so my girls won't have to go too far~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Southern Biscuits recipe courtesy Alton Brown 2 cups flour 4 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 3/4 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons butter 2 tablespoons shortening 1 cup chilled buttermilk Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using your fingertips, rub butter and shortening into dry ingredients until mixture looks like crumbs. (The faster the better, you don't want the fats to melt.) Make a well in the center and pour in the chilled buttermilk. Stir just until the dough comes together. The dough will be very sticky. Turn dough onto floured surface, dust top with flour and gently fold dough over on itself 5 or 6 times. Press into a 1-inch thick round. Cut out biscuits with a 2-inch cutter, being sure to push straight down through the dough. Place biscuits on baking sheet so that they just touch. Reform scrap dough, working it as little as possible and continue cutting. (Biscuits from the second pass will not be quite as light as those from the first, but hey, that's life.) Bake until biscuits are tall and light gold on top, 15 to 20 minutes. Enjoy warm from the oven with butter and jam...yum. Go see Linda's beautiful photos..your mouths will surely water~! Thank you Linda~Bisous. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ How can I make paragraphs? Why does this happen now? :( ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ On another note.. Speaking of gleaning wonderful recipes from blogging friends.. You have heard me mention Marie's name so often. If you have been following my blog for a while..you have seen the finished products.. She recently prepared an online Tea Party Cookbook..PDF file.. I just could not resist..it is very reasonably priced and you can pay with Paypal.. She has included a Royal Tea Party invitation she made..you can print them up..as she is a very talented artist..her art work is adorable..
Go to her blog..and you will see the cute invitation and the way to buy her book on the top right corner~ Marie's Blog The finished book has 23 pages..has art..photos.. lovely recipes..and ..well I just feel I KNOW the author:) I am tickled pink to have it. Have a great day~

13 comments:

  1. Have tried several times to leave a comment...going to try again.
    What a beautiful tea tray...
    and I'll pop by Marie's blog.
    Have a lovely day
    Shel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Monique. I'm off to visit Marie's blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Monique, not sure I deserve all your kind words, but I'll take them and treasure them as if gold. You are a dear sweet friend! Many thanks for the kind words and the gentle nod!

    Now as for those biscuits! I'm going to have to give them a go for sure! I've been using my mother's recipe for years now, and it's pretty good. I will have to let you know how I get on. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed these on Linda's blog, also. Warm biscuits, melting butter and jam...can't eat enough of them. (Therein lies the problem...)

    I know these will be delicious.

    I have been following Marie (on your recommendation) and I have had so much fun...lots of good food!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much sweet Nana for your kind words. I am so glad you all enjoyed the biscuits! Marie's site is lovely,
    Thanks for recommending it to us!
    Bisous my friend!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful Monique. Off to check it out.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to try these beautiful biscuits!

    It's funny, nothing has changed for me with posting. I never switched to the new format, though.

    I'm sorry you are having trouble!

    Your photo is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan I wish I had not changed..I don't know what possessed me:(You should make the biscuits..they are you:)
    Thanks.. again Linda ..et al:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have yet to learn ho to make good biscuits, mine just don't turn out light and fluffy like yours; you can me sure, I will try your recipe Monique. I will email about what I use to write my posts.
    Hugs,
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you..I am partial to that set..it is for one person.. under the teapot is the teacup..and the saucer under that:)Little personal cream and sugar..stamps of Paris and Normandie..
    It was a recent gift to me from a dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blog! and beautiful photos!!

    ReplyDelete