Monday, August 9, 2021

~Don't say ....fall

 

















Oh my ....People are calling FALL..Come on guys..I have sooo many cherry tomatoes to ripen..girls need to see their produce ripen..Let's not use that F word again yet ok?Last time I looked fall is Sept 22nd...

Garlic never disappoints..It's all clean now..EXCEPT....

What's in the heart basket is what I will plant..the largest bulbs of my harvest..below..what we will use this yr..

The thing is I use to tidy it all up..but I met a garlic grower who assured me that the bulbs/cloves.. to be planted..must not be handled until planting..so although I am always so grateful for my home grown garlic and never had any complaints..I am going to give it a try..:) See... lol I can live w/ not spotless..

So come end October..I'll be planting all those dirty girls;)

Fun little flavored vinegars are done..and waiting..

Do you see what I see? I always hesitate to show a gift here..because I don't expect nor need..I love GIVING..little things..and I hate bragging so I keep gifties to myself..

But I wanted to show you how perfect Marie's stitches are.I love to embroider so I can appreciate perfection when I see it as I am not a perfect thimble lol.It's a beautiful tea towel.

So  my Paris people..I can't tell you how many I have painted..they are in 3 watercolor journals .when I finish the 3rd..I think I'll take a break and focus on something else:)


On IG ..I attributed stories to them thanks to a wonderful girl who suggested it to me..Kathy.

All my PP are painted from Geni's photos on IG.


I look at them and think..can I do this one? I've challenged myself many a time and they are far from correct renditions lol.More like caricatures  of her fab people.


This one for instance I named Luther.

(from that Britbox show we like)

And it goes like this..


Luther is  in Paris for the summer..hiatus you know..he relishes the differences..And he's out of his suit and coat.This is the fun incognito Luther.

He hopes no one calls upon him to help solve a crime..Like Lupin;)


The stories and short and sweet and 99% of the time bilingual.Some are longer..depends how involved I am in the character.


That pizza is from a new feed..Tilly alerted me to it..you can find her on IG all reels all poetry in motion~turkuazkitchen.

Take a bite:)


It's called a summer pizza.. this bugged me..we had bought arugula at Costco..it's supposed to have arugula on top which I favor..The arugula was all WET.Buhbye.



A small front lampastandard garden..is awful..I ripped out perennials and stuck in hostas.  In doing so..I found a magical land..of Faes and mushrooms..My gardens are so sunny for the most part but this one faces north west...so does get shade..I guess that's why it's a magical kingdom where mushrooms grew..I have another large side one..I should check under all the gooseneck loosetrife..;)

Have a good week.

19 comments:

  1. Love your Paris people and that pizza looks great! I am not ready for the F season either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Covid winter..I just don't want that yet again so..I am enjoying summer.Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Oh I do so love fall but I strongly believe in trying to enjoy each season. Even though August is my least favorite month of the year I won't rush through....they go too fast as it is! Plus...our normal hot summers of 95'-100'F & higher have not materialized. The last extended forecast I saw for August show 90s this week & not hitting 90' again this month! How can I complain at all? I'm not going to.

    I must plant garlic this fall. I was so sure I'd get it done last year & it never happened. Surely I can push through this time...it's so simple to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Jenny and so rewarding..
      Enjoy the end.. as it is coming.. :(

      Delete
  3. Those are such pretty mushrooms -- and they look like fairy houses, so white and lovely! What a treat. And the pizza looks to die for. I had no idea about the garlic. That's interesting and yet another thing to sock in my head for the future. Marie's embroidery is darling and I love your vinegars and their cute labels. I haven't made flavored vinegar in awhile -- I think I must! As always, I love the Paris People and coming here is my treasure spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks delish!
    You can put a paper towel in with the arrugala and it will soak up the wetness PDQ unless it was really shot…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really shot:(I'm a frequent paper toweler...it was already shot..there's a smell and an ooze..blech.

      Delete
  5. I am new to your blog. I love it so much! I love your Paris people and the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, everything! I'm so glad I haven't heard that 4-letter f word yet, LOL. It is definitely still summer here. So, so hot today after 3 days of downpours. Like a steam bath outside. Such a cute photo of your fairies and schrooms. I keep hoping in the spring I'll find a morel growing in the woods. Hasn't happened. Your gifted tea towel is so perfect for right now. I love going outside and harvesting herbs, tomatoes, cukes, etc. The summer pizza looks so delicious and Luther is one of a kind. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your seeds are in LA POSTE as of this AM:)
      Stinking hot here like 100F..
      I went to my fave farm early this AM..corn..spanish onions ,huge kale,cauli..small carrots..huge spring green onions..beets..
      Basically spent this too hot afternoon in the kitchen lol w/ oven and stove on;)

      Delete
    2. Thank you!! Sounds like quite a nice haul from the farm! Hope you had your air conditioning on :) Another steam bath day here today. This weekend sounds like it will be nicer, thankfully, as we have a family swim scheduled. Most likely the last one before school starts. Wahhhh!

      Delete
    3. School starts=f word lol..
      I Know..I have Oli today and I think..omgee high school in a couple of weeks at the big college where his brothers go..
      I can't believe it.
      x

      Delete
  7. Those mushrooms do look like fairy houses. The pizza looks so good! I bought my husband a portable pizza oven and he has yet to use it. He is not a cook at all, however he loves pizza. Garlic, yumm! Love your sweet Paris people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I may have mentioned the F word when I bought a new plant that had fall colors :-) But like you, let summer be summer. Joe came home from the Dollar Tree the other day and told me to hurry up and go since they were putting all their fall stuff out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How thoughtful of him! That's one place I love in Fl..your Dollartrees..our Dollaramas..are more like $4.00..Nothing is 1.00.. it's one dollar and up..

      LOL let summer live on..Covid winter was long and it's not over....Take care!

      Delete
  9. The mushroom is beautiful! The pizza looks great...we love arugula on pizza too! :)

    ReplyDelete