Thursday, June 1, 2023

I mean 100 F! And June 1rst.

 The weather has been like none other..

12 yrs ap..We were hit with a heat wave at a bad time for me..that caused irreparable issues:(

Enough of that..

We are in that wave now.

I feel so sorry for people who do not live in my surroundings with a home..  somewhere I can retreat in.

I have been getting up very early..  a few days 6 ish am..I water then.

To describe the peace..(and freaking mosquitoes lol)..is impossible.





My tree peonies are always first..the others take their sweet time..but nevertheless they arrive:)



I have been painting my people thanks to great photographers I have mentioned..

I used to paint jean jackets but..

I also used to embroider jean jackets.

I found a neat great quality kaki jacket locally for $10.00

I embroidered this panel/yrs ago..like late 1970's lol


I bought the jacket sewed the panel on..





The panel looks low..but my hair reaches the top..I had it higher..J said.. your hair is over it;) So it looks weird here.. but on its' better;)

And I am still growing it..I used my French laundry Initials..inside:)

It's not bad on:) Really:)

If I say that,you know it is true;)





Fast and furious is what happens now..

Its so hot..certain things are wilting.. the canvas..the grass..is burning.I shouldn't call it grass..the mixed bag of weeds..in truth..burning..and being on sand..  it dries things out so quickly.

It is a record I heard yesterday..May was for temps..

Only the tree peony is blooming..  the rest will follow..as for the large poppies..the buds are engorged and gorgeous..the Shirley poppies have taken:) Happy about that.My sown marigolds from my gardens last yr have taken not sure re the bought seeds..  Time will tell.

I'm being watchful;)


Irises are starting and the bees are so busy.I love having bees and birds in the gardens..

I will be complaining soon re the bad destructive bugs.


I made some sweet bee themed cookies ..

With this recipe..I rolled the dough..and din't add the sugar..I have made them the other way..but for these stamps it had to be this way..

Stamped Brown Sugar Cookies.

It's wonderful having passions..it can get you through a lot in life..

Believe...

Like Ted Lasso:)

Here is to a nice June for all of us.



28 comments:

  1. It must be the heat, I keep getting the Aw Snap message while on your blog. I will return later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG the belt on that jacket looks like a hand to me! Reaching the pocket! Maybe I need more sleep 😴 beautiful peonies! Wow Parisbreakfast ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with heat, already this summer. We are in the same boat! It's been weeks since we've had rain and there's none in the forecast. Temps in the 90s. Sure thankful it drops to the 60s during the nighttime. Your peonies are so pretty and that iris/bee are glorious. The color of the iris reminds me of the colors of sunset. I love the painting of Ms. Springtime in her cute jacket. I sure wish I'd have kept my denim jackets from years gone by. You were wise to do so, Monique. They're classic. Hope you have a good weekend, Monique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam ..This is a thrift store find:). They didn't have a true jean jacket and I didn't want to use mine:) Hope we get RAIN Pam..I think we will..glass half full here:)

      Delete
  4. We are in the same heat wave but only reaching the 90’s. My balcony garden needs a lot of attention with the watering can. I finally found my beloved LANTANA yesterday. I love jean jackets and have many. I like the new one you found at a bargain price! Have a good weekend & keeping on watering!🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you got my email re your beautiful Balconville Blooms!

      Delete
    2. I did and thank you. Yes, everyone around is loving it. It is the talk of Balconville! I am adopting that name!

      Delete
    3. You must..it is the perfect word!

      Delete
  5. Monique, I am so sorry you are suffering through a heat wave. It is frustrating for all who experience such extreme heat. The flowers and grass do suffer.the peonies and Iris are beautiful. Darling bee 🐝 cookies and your denim jacket find. Hoping for some rain ☔️ to cool things off. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you today in the heat.I don't know how Floridians etc garden in the summer?Especially with water restrictions..and I get dizzy in 100F..Anyway ..I love it and we got some rain just now:)Grateful!Have a lovely weekend:)

      Delete
  6. Jacket is 👍! You are like the fireman battling the forest fires. Sometimes I think our world will end in fire. Certainly with all of the houses being built. Loss of green fields, farms, wetlands. Then the loss of the animals that live there. Then "poof" the people who destroyed it all in the beginning. Cherish your garden. I do ! Keep up the good fight with watering xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree so many stretches of trees for homes!Already in overpopulated areas..then no water:(We must pay attention.You are me and I am you.Watched a movie recommended by my friend last night..The Duke..Helen Mirren..Lessons learned.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. We just got rain..I was begging:) Im never happy let's face it;)

      Delete
  8. It´s hot here too...and the summer has just began! Peonies and strawberry blossom, everything blooms. I love your painting...
    Have a great weekend!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your also Titti..I am over the moon watching things grow..albeit the heat:(

      Delete
  9. What a gorgeous tree peony! I only have one left and it only had one bloom this year. I don't think it's the original color anymore either...sort of like when a rose reverts back to the unhybrid version of itself. Such a cute khaki jacket! I looks right in style now with -the fringed bottom and cuffs. I embroidered denim short-shorts - decades ago! My irises are so pretty this year too! We have no mosquitos! It's been too dry for them to hatch here. We do need rain but I can live without mosquitos :-) I love bees too..and your adorable buzzing cookies! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacques was a good sport..lol I embroidered jean shirts for him and he wore them..LOL..Young love..;)
      I am so happy with the irises..I failed with my purchased vanilla marigold seeds so today I sowed my own..they have worked..fingers crossed!!

      Delete
    2. I actually saw that vanilla marigold at my favorite nursery in a city just south of us where I grew up. I didn't buy it after looking at the tag. It gets VERY tall and needs to be supported, that is, if it's the same one I saw - African marigold I think it's called). I need mine to stay much shorter in the bed where I grow them so I got very standard yellow French Marigods.

      Delete
    3. African marigold are the seeds I bought..not seeing yet..So perhaps the one I bought in bloom will get tall but they are in my veggie /herb patch.Honestly right now with our grass looking like jute I'm not excited all of a sudden..That's the canvas..It's clouding over..we should get rain..or just greige..:(

      Delete
  10. Such early heat! Your tree peony is gorgeous, as is that iris. Such a unique colour. I embroidered a jean shirt for my husband many years ago. Oh, the memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here:) Yes oh the memories..wish I had kept it:) Have a great weekend:)

      Delete
  11. It has been super hot here, too (and no air-con) but I think you have us beat! We've been in the 90s. Still, it looks beautiful, and that's a plus. So clever with that jacket. I used to paint things like sweatshirts and baby clothes but your jacket is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ill ask J to take a pic:) Thank you:) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  12. Your flowers, as always, are beautiful! You do such an amazing job with them, and in that heat, I don't know how you cope. I cannot stand really hot weather. One thing I liked about the UK was that we didn't really get extreme weather. I miss that! Your jacket is beautiful and you know how I feel about your art. I have always loved it. You do such a wonderful job with the people. What sweet cookies. I do love bees! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those peonies and the colour! xo

    ReplyDelete