Friday, March 22, 2024

March marches on..

 






That lovely little cake was found here...
It's an easy marble cake with easy measurements..But what I loved was that she showed the consistency..like a ribbon..it does not break..Break would mean dry..I had to add milk in both the vanilla batter(that I added so much bio orange rind:) ) and the choco mix..Plus look how easy..a ladle of choco a ladle of the pale..etc etc until done.
For many reasons I shy away from sweets..but a sliver of this w/ a cup of coffee..Is comfort ..to me.
No big sweet icing desserts..if it looks light and lively..then good;)
And in moderation.
I think our name could be Monsieur and Madame Moderation..LOL

More of my back people:)I must admit I like them better with their stories on IG.

C'est la vie.

The stories bring them to life..

Funny story..not really..
If someone asks me to paint something..
I will start it over 4 times to get it right and it never looks right..
However when I see something..and am inspired ..it really takes less than 1 hour to sketch..add ink..watercolor AND a story.

100 yrs ago shopping x-border was exciting..our money was worth more..at par and once ,more..

And the variety and prices were formidable compared to here.
One place we used to go to because it was close..
we stopped because it is all but deserted now apart from Walmart and TJ..
Our Walmart had a fire and is being renovated..it will take a while..

Laugh if you wish.. since Covid we have been twice.My pharma is there..THE BEST..but they deliver RXs..

On our way to our old haunting place..we saw these on the road..





Curiously..I had spotted an Amish family in the store..and we smiled and greeted each other..
When we left we saw them letting their horses feed.
There is a feed station at that store.
Reason to go back:)

They also have an ALDI.. and their yogurt is stellar;)
Our dollar is worth.. $0.75 to the US dollar now..:(
Times have changed..


TV..
I am enjoying..


You may remember Eugene Levy from Shitt's Creek.
I find it informative.
And boy does he dress well:)
 And for 75 his energy is contagious.



New Look..Christian Dior..Coco Chanel..
Interesting.. good soundtrack..some may be miscast.
Had no idea Chanel was like that.I know it's a show..but some element of truth..



I really got into this:) I know..doesn't look like my kind of show..but yes.

Below..
NOT FOR ME




Call the Midwife is back..THAT..I love.

I am reading Spare..and I am bored I hope it gets better.

Re Princess Kate Middleton..all the conspiracy theories..Shame on them.
I wish her well and complete healing.
She is in the best of hands.
And her family needs her.


Have a wonderful weekend.

14 comments:

  1. That cake does look so good, and with un cafe - yes! I might need a translation - LOL. She speaks so fast but I love the video and how she shows the texture after mixing. I have loved all of your people and the stories are fascinating and bring them to life! I watched Road House on Prime last night. Pretty violent but with a heart. I can't believe what Jake Gyllenhaal did to his body! I love that Call the Midwife is back again too. ♥ Poor Catherine. I'm glad she finally spoke out that she has cancer and is going through chemo. Speedy good health to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes all good wishes to her:) I am tired of the judging and conspiracy theories.This is devastating news for a young mom..and all her responsibilities..always in the public eye like Diana..clothes..hair..figure..I would hide.Literally I would hide.Leave her alone.
      Jake ripped his body for certain:)We watched it last night too..Unfortunately both of us were not enthralled..:) I wonder why some shows work and others not..The Gentlemen did nothing for me.LOL..I like to feel in a movie..either tears of joy or sorrow..empathy.. happiness..victory..Have a beautiful evening and Sunday and Monday;)

      Delete
  2. I think your "back people" are wonderful. So interesting that when you are inspired to paint something, it comes together so much more quickly than when you're tasked. There must be something magical that happens within an artist when inspired. Truly, a gift! Our son lives near an Amish community and he has nothing but good to say about them. Oh my, I was so sad to hear of Princess Catherine's illness. Whenever I heard critical comments, it made me furious. I think most of us suspected that she was gravely ill. Her remarks to the world were touching and uplifting. As a cancer patient, I appreciated the way she reached out to all of us, saying we are not alone. May God be with her, the King, and their family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry that you had to live through that.That diagnosis.is flooring..but one really emathetic oncologist posted such a good post.. I will try to find it..
      https://www.tiktok.com/@drdonsdizon/video/7349521006655966507
      I find he said it well..and calmly..I hope I am right.Sp many are seeking sensationalism.
      Give the girl peace and healing.And she deserves her privacy.
      Thank you Pam.

      Delete
    2. Monique, thank you for the link to Dr Dizon. He's such a good communicator!

      Delete
    3. I thought so too.Honest ..not discouraging..only encouraging:) xo

      Delete
  3. I wish I had the streaming services for The Reluctant Traveler. I love Eugene Levy -- he always cracks me up. Both your back people are great but I especially love the detail of the pretty skirt and easel on the second. I'm the way you are with a commission There is so much pressure to get it "just right." I'll do it multiple times but then sometimes I just start and it's there. I was able to paint this weekend, just a bit but it was so very sorely needed. I'd been looking at old journals and thought "You really have to do something here!" It is part of a "Grumpy Chick" challenge, drawing bird/chicken things. I'll share soon. "Call the Midwife" -- yay! And both "Nolly" and "Alice and Jack" are good, too. I'm finishing up the current "Death in Paradise" season and "Vera" too. We watched "Anatomy of a Fall" this weekend. Recommended and interesting. All the news on Kate -- very sad indeed. Hope they leave this poor woman alone for a bit. I wonder and hope there is a lot of personal recrimination going on for the rumor starters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see some reconciliation journalism..But what's true?I started a commission 4 times:) I am so happy I ONLY commission for free:)I spent my adult life as a realtor.I earned a salary.Now it's time to sort of give back:) I so prefer it this way:)Ill look up your recommendations Jeanie:) TY!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful cake, looks so moist, perfect with a cup of tea... I personally loved THE GENTLEMAN it's indeed a bit graphic and over-the-top but the aristocratic vocabulary and the excentric cast make it very entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband liked it more than I did:) I found it dragged and dragged..Acting was good:) I do give you that:):) Hope you are well:)

      Delete
  5. I do want to make that lovely marble cake and the chocolate/orange combo is a winner. "Call the Midwife" is one of our very favorite shows ever. Healing thoughts for Kate, she has a lot on her plate to be also dealing with the rumors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 Littles. a title..responsibilities.. I feel for her.I would hate a life in the spotlight.

      Delete
  6. Lovely cake, I shall save the recipe. The Amish people are so interesting.i bet they have some wonderful recipes. I hope Catherine has an amazing recovery. So sad so many people are so mean and nasty. I did watch The Gentlemen, pretty graphic. Happy spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it so repetitive..He's quite the looker and good actor his brother a good actor too..It just wasn't for me.Yes why do people get joy in knocking someone down..someone already suffering:(I HATE that. So much.

      Delete