Sunday, March 3, 2024

AI... Atificial Intelligence..

 



I'm still painting:) These are 2 of my daughters dear friends:) The 3 of them took a Sunday off from careers and families etc to do a little x-border shopping.
:) I was happy for them:)


So..AI..
Below is a tulip I painted freehand..



Unopened..I placed her on my art table and drew and painted her..
But look what quick Photoshop tricks can do..I had NOTHING to do with the two following images except a quick Photoshop Fill.



My original is there..but the other ..s..added artificially.
What will we be able to believe..

Already,homes..faces..landscapes..food ..belie the truth.

We are all being fooled to  an extent by what we see.

Computer manipulation with experts..is now at the hands of everyday Photoshop users..I have no experience..thus far I can only do small things..But rest assured this will create a lot of job losses.. etc..because AI does not only manipulate images..
It was different adding clipart etc..you could tell they were added..but AI makes it impossible in some cases to know.
There is an AI app ..for videos that immediately translates into any language what you are saying..Imagine.

Not AI generated..but definitely set up..staged;)




I have this old scale on an old dry sink in a corner of my kitchen..the backdrop is just a dollar store board that I painted and have used for yrs here..my walls in the kitchen are vanilla/pale yellow..this shows off the items better.

I took 3 photos..all looked the same.
I don't take 50 pics hooked up to a computer to jugge and jugge..I clic.I keep.

I do adjust brightness and contrast at times.And I add the font.Shorelines is my favorite.
All to say Quaker has recalled numerous products in Canada..Granola being one..
Here we are creatures of habit:)

One morning..we have green tea as our beverage..Greek yogurt with bran buds.. nuts..and granola..topped with fruit.J uses more granola than I do..but we do like it with the yogurt.
So with all the granola recalled..I made this one and it is very good.
Keeper.
Around 11 we have coffee:)

Curious? The next morning.. we have coffee and a bran muffin(me) J has the cereal yogurt mix with half a muffin.
Routine is de rigueur here lol.
And it begins again.

You would crack up w/ our routines..
50 yrs married can do this.
I love making crêpes..pancakes etc..but rarely.. rarely..do I:) Waffles..same.

If ever you want more of my routine..  and promise to not get excited by it..lol..

Only one person will recognize this scene:)



It's grey today..  I have never seen so little snow here in March.
I think I'll store the snowshoes;)
Have a great week..









18 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about AI Monique. We cannot trust very much these days, unless it comes from the people we know. We are being lied to from all corners. It is sometimes very difficult to differentiate between the truth and the lies. Where will it stop? Who knows. You are one of my trusted sources for everything. I know that all you speak and show us is the truth, and it is always beautiful. From your paintings, to your gardens, to the beautiful food you prepare. I love all that you share. Have a great week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you Monique for the freelance tulip & the ability to photoshop! We are all creatures of habit. You made me think of all of mine and laugh. Don’t you have Ulta in Canada? Enjoy the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Ulta here..In QC everything has to be in French..I guess it would be too costly for themTarget tried..and failed..:(

      Delete
  3. It's always such a pleasure to see a new post from you, Monique! You have been busy painting--so lovely.
    and I love the vignette you've created with your old scale. Thank God for our homes--they are such a comfort! When I read your words, "What will we be able to believe?" Indeed! Doggone it, a person can't even have a bowl of oatmeal without being concerned. But you know what? Spring is coming. Yes, the world seems to be spinning out of control, but I will continue to hope for better days. Have a good week, Monique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is spinning! The fake things on Social..awful..anyway..what can I say but Doggone it:) Cause I love that;:)

      Delete
  4. Love Your tulip 🌷
    What is ‘jugge’?
    Parisbreakfast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes from zhuzh a Yiddish word..Juje jujje. Different spellings....it means enhancing..adding oomph to a dish..art..a hairstyle..

      Delete
  5. AI freaks me out. It can certainly do some amazing things ... but.... but .... Yes, it presents a dilemma. What is real, genuine talent, like yours and what is a manipulation which can do lovely things but not "real." Not genuine. And don't start me on things like deep fakes with political ads. (I agree, though, on adding brightness, contrast or shadows if needed. Sometimes it's the only way to "save" a photo.) I love that you have a staging background. I never thought of that and why, I don't know. But again, that is real, that is creativity. I suppose there are those who will say good AI is creative but is it? I think maybe just technical. That scale is a real gem. And of course I love all your people paintings.

    I made the most delicious (Ina Garten) tuna noodle casserole last night. Her recipe but I added a bunch of thyme because mine is going crazy in this weird winter/spring. I should have taken a photo. It made so much I had a separate casserole of it too -- maybe I'll shoot that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look that up! It's funny that corner wasn't set up as a staging corner.I had and empty part wall..and with me less is not best..LOL..so its always there with things on it..but it works..

      With AI..I can add real life basil to a dish..oh lala too much!!Bonne semaine!

      Delete
  6. From my comment on IG you know what I think about AI - plagiarism that masks creativity. How lazy we've become if that's the way people exercise creativity. We are creatures of habit for breakfast here, too. My husband (47 years this summer) eats a bowl of homemade granola with blueberries and yogurt, and I have a scrambled egg with some salsa and milky tea. Once in a very long while I'll make something else, but this satisfies us both, so why change it up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree.. we eat.. healthily..always at home whatever desserts I make last forever as J has the sweet tooth and so very disciplined:)Never processed meats..cold cuts etc..We are pretty diligent.We each had a brother pass away in their forties..so right away..he started investigating;)I just saw another actress.. with a system restored face..I'm not a fan:)AI and plastic surgery if not a must..why on earth play with your face?:(

      Delete
  7. Your tulip is lovely. Ai is taking away our creativity. What’s next? I love granola, I plan on making some soon. Love your sweet painting. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you..I am sorry I did not have more back pics of lovely friends from there..Diane..Thinking of you..

      Delete
  8. Greetings on this lovely Tuesday! AI is a bit frightening…what to believe? My daughter is a college professor…hard to grade papers and assignments…what’s real and what’s copied?
    I so enjoy your photos and recipes…delightful …and your words are always so kind. Thank you for sharing. Have a happy day. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How true..had not thought of that..but all things will be hard to judge.Thank you:)

      Delete
  9. Monique, I comment on insta on the couple, but late popping over here. Pretty tulip!

    ReplyDelete