Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Daughter's Toffee Bits Triangles~



Even in the pan they are good:)

Last week we went over for a little bit and she took out a tray of treats she.. her sister(Our other dd) ,and friend had baked..

These were my favorites:



La Recette~

Toffee Bits Triangles

Ingredients:
1 cup (250 mL) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup (250 mL) packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla
1 egg yolk
2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups (220 g) CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits, divided
2 cups (300 g) CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).

2. In large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla until creamy.

3. Stir in flour and 1 cup (250 mL) of the toffee bits. Press into ungreased 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 inch (39 x 27 cm) jelly roll pan.

4. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until light brown. Immediately sprinkle semi-sweet chocolate chips over top. Let stand until softened, about 5 minutes; spread evenly over top. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Let cool completely. Cut into 3-inch (7.5 cm) squares; cut each square diagonally into 4 triangles.

Makes 60 triangles.


They had the cutest story for me.. a funny one..we all have them.. The recipe for one of the bars was in French.. their friend is English and was telling them as they went along.. measurements can be tricky..

Those were..


She mistakenly said 6 cups of butter instead of 6 tbsps of butter for the nanaimo bars..:)

The girls were hysterical:)

They did correct ..but I even laughed when they told me..I could just picture H saying 6 CÀS.. was 6 cups.. she saw the C..~:)

27 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gorgeous earthy brown topped with a generous sprinkling of toffee bits! Ahhh ... bliss at every bite. Communal baking is lovely. I enjoy cooking/baking with the women in my family, and we would chat and joke as we go along. I am sure you had a wonderful time with your girls and friend. The triangles make the chocolate toffee extra special :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quel plaisir de pouvoir cuisiner à plusieurs mains
    Surtout pour réaliser ces petites merveilles
    J'ai noté la recette, je suis obligée de les faire, c'est trop gourmand
    Bonne après midi

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing.......I think that my Family will enjoy these over the Holidays. Thank you for sharing the recipe.......and beautiful pictures.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look like a real winner Monique...
    Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love holiday cookies. It is so easy to make a mistake when reading a recipe. I've certainly had my share. I try to remember to always wear my glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ceux-ci doivent être délicieux, Monique. Ce sont mes saveurs préférées! Magnifique! :D

    (Did I say that correctly??)

    ReplyDelete
  8. waaaahhhh!!! We can't get Skor bits over here and I am now craving one of those big time after seeing your gorgeous pictures. Pardon me whilst I lick the screen . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks delish, even if made wrong it would still look divine by you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love making toffee at Christmas-time and this sounds like a wonderful version! Toffee within toffee - delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anything that beautiful to look at can't help but be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chocolate and shortbread and toffee. All my favorite food groups! I"m chuckling at the 6 cups of butter. But not too loudly, because I might be the next one to do something like that...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ciao Monique, I'd like very much these triangles.... Also my girls, I think....!"!!! Oh, I copy your snow effect on our blog, but on "our" white it's less beautiful than yours.... Anyway....let it snow!!! Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Holidays..I showed my DD this post today:) She had friends over yesterday and this was their favorite also..

    Daniela..your snow could never be less pretty!
    Lori your French always impresses me as well as your Russian:)
    Thank you:)

    Have a lovely evening~

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like something quick and easy to make and will 'wow' your guests. I like the way you have cut them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. MMMmmm A favorite of ours too!!!! Next time I'll try the 6 cups of butter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha! What fun!
    Merriest Christmas to you and yours, xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks so good!
    I have Peppermint bark on my list to make, and will add this..
    I am very behind..we went in for the gkids Christmas Pageant last night...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your daughter bakes just as prettily and elegantly as you. Those looks so perfectly cut and delicious.Im definitely trying this!

    I have a daughter who loves to bake too n when she comes back for a holiday (shes in US) I know we will enjoy our time in the kitchen together. :)

    Thank you for the recipe.:))

    ReplyDelete
  19. I faut que je fasse cette recette. C'est incroyable comme cela semble bon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. they look absolutely delectable and something I'm sure my family will like! What shall I use here in place of the toffee bits, I wonder?
    ronelle

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do..Ronelle I wish I had known:)

    I'll google and see..
    Have a wonderful day everyone~

    ReplyDelete
  22. The chocolate triangles look yummy! I wonder if you live in Canada because you mentoned Nanaimo bars. I was born in Toronto and lived there most of my life and we always had them at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm just back from a trip and have to start baking! I will add these to my list as they look so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I do live in Canada:) Not in Ontario though.. do you miss it?..I never knew Nanaimo bars were named after Nanaimo..I've just been making them for 36 years..never knowing until AnnT told me I think!
    Welscome back Ry~

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Monique,

    Oh I have missed coming here! My life is insane, but I have some downtime while sitting with my mother in the hospital. This I must try! Your daughter sounds like an excellent baker and cook. I wonder where she got that from. Hmm.. lol!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  26. Does anyone know where I can find free online grant applications?

    ReplyDelete