Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ricotta and Butternut Squash Tart~



We watch Josée Di Stasio on Friday nights..her show is great..one of the guests shared this recipe..It looked too good on tv to pass up~


You start by blind baking your Pâte Brisée at the same time..temp and length of baking time as the squash..

Then when the blind baked tart is cooled..you add your mixture of Ricotta..egg yolks..parmesan cheese..etc..



The little pumpkin in the collage is from The Graphics Fairy~ Thank you~

La Recette..

Fresh or commercial dough..

Pat it in a tart pan w/ removeable bottom 9 inches..
Blind bake at 400 F for 30 mins..

Peel and slice squash,, lay on an oiled sheet pan..I drizzled oil on top..add freh time..bake at 400 F for 30 mins..

Remove both from oven

Let dough cool..

Mixture

1 lb ricotta
2 egg yolks
1 egg
1 1/2 cups grated parmesan
a bit of grated nutmeg
s and p.

Pour in prepared shell place the squash sices around.. and bake at 400 until set..ap 30-40 mins~

Here is a direct link..I loved this episode w/ Fred Morin from Joe Beef~
I would definitely make this again..but I would kick it up a notch..I would add quite a bit of fresh thyme to the ricotta mixture..and more salt and pepper..It needs a bit more oomph.And I am not certain I would not roast a bit more squash and purée it..and add to the ricotta.Not too much..just enough.

For the Printable my version of the recipe..Just click on printable:) I must thank Susan for my tutorial~♥

17 comments:

  1. Oh Monique, It is still early here on the west coast, but I think I could eat a slice of your tart for breakfast. I love the combination of butternut squash and ricotta. Would make a wonderful dinner.

    You always find and share the best recipes.


    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you do too:)Made your wontons in Chili Sauce last night..Keepers..First asianish dish I have had in ages..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, and and easy on the eyes!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you are enjoying more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when you shared her recipe for minestrone soup - a keeper also! This sounds delicious and looks beautiful the way you've made it. Thank you for the tip on adding some herbs. I still have a lovely pot of fresh thyme on the deck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have GOT to make this ASAP! Thyme would be a perfect addition. Really impressive presentation, Monique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like a piece of art!
    M...go to French Cupboard.blogspot.com today!
    Lovely...you'll enjoy!
    xoxo~Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really does look delicious, and is so charmingly created with the word "Tart" spelled out on the top. What a joy to be served such a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sad to say, apart from butternut squash soup, I have not really made anything else with the vegetable. This is a lovely idea and your tart looks so golden and fulfilling....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monique, I'll be trying this one (when they let me back in my kitchen!) They're all being so mean here- they won't let me DO anything! :)
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonjour Monique, j'aimerais bien y goûter à cette belle tarte, une saveur qui m'intrigue mais je suis certaine que ce doit être très bon.

    Pour la recette de pain, excuse-moi d'avoir tarder à te répondre, tu peux la publier et ce sera avec plaisir. Je suis contente de savoir qu'elle t'ai plu.

    Passe une belle soirée.
    Josée Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful tart Monique!! Your pictures as always are outstanding! I think this is a tart we would both love! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything you make turns to magic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You make me smile.. I am sometimes shy of how badly the photos turn out but love to share..I guess that's what happens when you enjoy everyone elses's photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum, this does look delicious. I'm always happy to find another recipe for butternut squash. It's one of my favorite fall treats and I can't resist buying one each time I go to the market.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You make everything so artful, in looks, and in taste with your unique style.

    Many thanks♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, ricotta and butternut...can only make for a beautiful taert...like your photos indeed show. Love your special touch...t-a-r-t...too..la petite touche de Monique..
    bisous
    Ronelle

    ReplyDelete