Friday, February 5, 2010
Bakerella's Kisses X~O~X
When I saw these last year at her sweet sweet site..I kept the recipe and " la méthode de faire"~
I am so glad I did..they're cute as buttons..well kisses..
Easy as pie.. oops easy as an Oreo Cookie....some cream cheese and chocolate~
You will also need some aluminium foil and buy the thinnest cheapest foil money can buy~ I have often sighed at the thin thin kind.. it's best for this..mine was mid..my only other choice was heavy duty..You will need to handwrite or type out little tags and insert them.
I am SURE you have ALL been to Bakerellas..If by chance you have not..go peek but be prepared to stay..:) So many wonderful ideas..some of hers have been to wedding showers here..and baby showers~ A DELIGHT!
Courtsey of Bakerella~
1 package oreo cookies (divided… use cookie including the cream center)
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
1. Finely crush all but seven cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency.
2. Stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
3. Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
4. Then, begin to form the shape of a kiss. Flattening the bottom and forming a point at the top. (Mine ended up about 1.5″ tall)
5. It helps to put the uncoated balls in the freezer for a few minutes to keep the mixture from starting to fall apart when you drop into the melted chocolate.
6. Melt chocolate as directed on package and then dip “kisses” one at a time into chocolate, tap off extra and slide them off spoon onto wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
7. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy! Oh yeah, just eat the extra seven cookies.
1. Handwrite your messages or create them on the computer. Cut out the strips (about 1/4″ tall and however wide you need).
2. Cut up some square sheets of aluminum foil (about 5.5″ square)
3. Place dry kiss in center and start wrapping the foil around the base. Insert message near top and secure it by pressing the foil together at top.
I am taking the opportunity of joining Ann and Lori in their weekend blog showcase when we highlight a recipe we have gleaned from someone's blog~