Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Daughter's Scones~

I only had to work for a short while today.It was absolutely fantastically beautiful today..
When I came home..we had lunch..then went X-Country skiing out the back yard.It's not a beach day..but as the sun sparkles on the ocean..at least a few days in winter..the sun sparkles on the snow and makes it bearable~
When I came in from skiing..my daughter's blueberry scone recipe was calling to me~



Cupcakes are cute and sweet..muffins are grand ..but scones.. are my favorite.

I had made some honey butter yesterday..and played with my idea of never getting to The French Laundry restaurant:(


So I was ready for her scone recipe..


They are sooo good..I did halve the recipe..again just J and I..and they turned out very well..
Resting..before they go in my little basket..

Just soo good!


Thank goodness I did do a bit of exercise today..


Cold white paradise day~


So much milder than our frigid last week..


Even some natural decorations on the trees..



The recipe for the scones is very easy..
Just halve the recipe if you are 2:)

From Cook's.com

BLUEBERRY SCONES

2 c. flour
2 tbsp. sugar
2 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
3/4 c. butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. milk
2/3 c. blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
In a small bowl, stir together butter, eggs and milk. Pour into flour mixture, and mix until ingredients bind together. Stir in blueberries.

Turn dough out on a floured surface. Pat out to a 9 inch circle and cut into 8 wedges. Transfer with a spatula to a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Makes 8.



There are MANY scone recipes.. This is the one I made today because she liked it..and I do too.
She took Noah out on the sleigh today.. it was so sunny he needs sunglasses:)He's 6 months old and anxious for Spring I bet!

My notes..I baked mine a little longer~

10 comments:

  1. I just bought blueberrys! What sunny, delighful photos, Monique. I adore the little butter pots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the photos are indeed perfect. I was just looking up scone recipes today so I will add this one to the others I copied. I take your recommendations seriously!

    Thanks for sharing a bit of your sunshiney day...wish I could have seen little Noah is his shades!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somthing looking so delicious being so easy to make..my kind of recipe!

    Looked in the frig and I have raspberries and blackberries..time to add blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my what a beautiful day you had! i love the snow shots, they do dazzle me, takes me back to my youth on those blinding bright snowy days~

    you know i am not a scone person, but i am sure honey butter would make those delightful!

    always love your pics, such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another glorious post with gorgeous pictures ... I love how the sun and shadows mix in your photos.

    The scones look wonderful and honey butter would be a great addition.

    Monique, the pictures of your spruces would make a lovely holiday card or calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so pretty, but I know you are ready for a thaw!
    The scones look so good, and I will take Jain's.
    We bought the baby a sled with a back for Cmas...they used it last Sun..he sent me a pic...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow is beautiful- I am in Florida- wish we had a little! Trying your scone recipe today- looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dough was a little sticky DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you sure about the 2 1/2 tablespoons of baking Powder? I made these and had to throw the whole batch out. this was the only thing I could see that could have been the problem.

    ReplyDelete