Monday, January 19, 2009

Soupe De Lundi~


I have many little odds and ends in the fridge.
It's still soup days here with the weather,so I thought of one of my favorites..Minestrone.
You can literally put whatever you like in yours.I put what I have handy..
Instead of starting with just haricots blancs.. I took a mix that I have..


I love their different shapes and sizes and colors.Personality plus~
I also use an idea I read in Josée Di Stasio's Cookbook..one of them.. about saving the ends or your Parmigiano..etc cheese and putting them in your soup while it simmers ..removing them before serving..

They impart a wonderful flavor to the soup.

Nothing warms me up like soup..and satisfies me for the whole afternoon.


This is how I make mine.

I put ap. one cup of mixed beans in a pot of water...and 2 of my home grown bay leaves(I like that)
I cook them for ap 40 mins..adding salt halfway.
Drain the water.
Add your chicken broth..in my case ap. 4 cups.
Add one chopped onion
some celery root chopped
some sliced carrots
one chopped potato
some savoy cabbage
the cheese
some chopped parsley
my salted herbs
Season w/ pepper to taste.
Simmer ap 20 mins..till vegetables are fork tender.
Bon.

7 comments:

  1. FABULOUS nana! we ate that all weekend too~ always gorgeous pics~

    ReplyDelete
  2. How resourceful of you!! Looks great...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful looking soup and such a great presentation. Why don't you leave the cheese in...does it get too rubbery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Monique...
    I was going to ask the same question...I grated mine in the proc for the soup off. a bit of brie that was getting dry...

    ReplyDelete
  5. In this weather, I don't think that you can ever have too much soup. ... I love the collage. Cabbage sounds like a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though the cheese simmers..the crust is virtually inedible..It's like a piece of rubber:) Like a brick when you put it in..rubber after the simmer..the cheese that can melt off..is left in..it falls off.:)
    They don't even grind in a processor.The blade would break..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Healthy and Delicious.
    Give me some!

    ReplyDelete