Monday, January 12, 2009

Not pretty~

Not even close..especially at night.So no photo because I don't want to sway you.
I want you to try it:)
I promise you this recipe is Ridiculously Delicious.


French Dip Sandwiches~


INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 (4 pound) boneless beef roast
2 cups water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 beef bouillon cube (optional)
1 bay leaf
3 whole black peppercorns
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder





DIRECTIONS
Remove and discard all visible fat from the roast. Place trimmed roast in a slow cooker.
In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, bouillon, bay leaf, peppercorns, rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder. Pour mixture over roast, and add enough water to almost cover roast. Cover, and cook on Low heat for 10 to 12 hours, or until meat is very tender.
Remove meat from broth, reserving broth. Shred meat with a fork, and distribute on bread for sandwiches. Used reserved broth for dipping.

I used to call this recipe Ginger's Beef Dunks because I first saw the recipe at Gardenweb years ago posted by Ginger.
We have loved it ever since..
We serve it with caramelized onions..mustard..for me.. and nice french buns.
Frites are a nice accompaniement and one of my daughter's adds cheese.
Crock Pot..and your home will smell amazingly like the best place to be:)Which it is..but this crowns it.


No need for champagne for this dish..



Anything will do:)

12 comments:

  1. always fab! i must try this sometime, i always order this when we go out to lunch, but never dream of making at home~ i know you have raved about this for years too~

    shall i pass the limoncello too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. M, you've convinced me... I've seen this for years on GW, but nver tried it. I will now. Sounds even better with your suggestions. Cute pic you added!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls!!

    PLSE NOTE..I had omitted the water when you read this..OY!

    And I don't put the bouillon cube..no need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monique - I was just on Food Network looking for a French Dip recipe this afternoon. Now I can try yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Monique... what a pretty cork on the champagne.

    I've always love French dip sandwiches.... at least ones that are not too salty. This sounds like a good recipe and nice that it's made in a crock pot.

    I regard highly your recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound good and I'm happy to know that you don't use the bouillon cube because I also value your recommendations as well. Yesterday you commented on wfd that you caramelized the onions in the oven...can you share how you do that too?

    The top of that champagne bottle is just plain awesome...almost a shame to open it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I know what Ginger's Beef Dunks are!

    I love this recipe and have made it many times since you first shared it - a winner.

    Love the cork top - I'd love to know the name of that wine - LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I can't wait to try this. It sounds wonderful and is so easy. My family will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You took a bad picture?!
    Excuse me while I pour a circle of salt around myself ;-Þ
    Oh, Monique, you're a panic.

    Btw, you're too late. I've already made this, and it is pretty fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. psst, come on by, i got a little something for you, no cal even~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Monique, I bet it was delicious! You should have taken a pic!
    And that lady on the cork! OY...as my dear mom used to say...a face that could stop an 8 day clock!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a huge confession to make..
    It's a Champagne bottle for sure:) Veuve Clicquot is her name.
    The bottle was enjoyed by my daughter and her husband with friends during the holidays as a celebration.
    I asked if I could have the bottle when I saw it ther empty:)
    I loved the top!And the bottle.

    ReplyDelete