Friday, April 17, 2009

Radish-Chive Tea Sandwiches w/ Sesame and Ginger






A recipe we had at our daughter's a little while back and I asked her for the recipe they were so good..And she added her own twist..



She put the mixture on Croûtons..and served them as hors-d'oeuvres.
They are truly delicious..



The recipe is from Epicurious and you can find the recipe further below..
The Fleur De Sel is optional..But I always use it..when optional:)





We had those as a light lunch today..on the small deck with the sun shining..
I served Virgin Caesar's garnished Chuck Hughes Fashion..



Freshly grated horseradish..And a Crab Claw.


MY DD is going to his very popular resto Sunday for her husband 's birthday.

It all tasted like Spring..
Thanks..I needed that.

And the recipe..

4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
3 tablespoons minced chives, divided
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
3/4 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
16 1/4-inch-thick baguette slices
10 radishes, thinly sliced

Preparation

Mix butter, 2 tablespoons chives, sesame seeds, ginger, and oil in small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Spread butter mixture over each bread slice. Top with radishes, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with remaining chives and fleur de sel, if desired.

...

9 comments:

  1. Hi Monique,
    These look so good and so easy. I'm going to try this weekend as it's supposed to be in the 90s here. I don't know what a Caesar is, so on my way to follow your link. The Virgin Caesar looks very good though. Have a wonderful weekend!
    xo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love radish sandwiches. Those are beautiful to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These would be so lovely served at tea. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracie..a Caesar is similar to a B mary..but instead of Tomato Juice it's Clamato juice..

    90's..you California girls..:)
    So pretty everywhere all the time!
    Thanks ladies..enjoy..sprinkling black sesame seeds on top looks pretty cute:) I remembered afterwards..I think that's what my daughter did when I read the reviews at Epicurious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmm! Everything looks delicious and definitely perfect for a spring luncheon. I would love to dig into that crab claw :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, this looks so wonderful!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely lunch you are going to have. Thank you for sharing.

    Enjoy your weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. J'ai la même fleur de sel dans ma cuisine, à des milliers de kilomètres de chez toi ! ;o)

    ReplyDelete