Wednesday, May 27, 2009

This is so delicious~



Farfalle , petits pois et prosciutto..
Josée di Stasio is one of my favorite QC chefs..I have mentioned her quite a few times..
This recipe is no exception to her simple..great tasting pastas.
It is really nice to use our home made prosciutto :)

My friends Jojo and Norm are coming Sat. for dinner..you may remember Normand invited Jacques to join he and Salvatore in the making of it~



It's a keeper here..

The Recipe..
Farfalle aux petits pois et prosciutto

Bow Tie Pasta with small peas and prosciutto

Ings

3 tbsps evoo
2 tbsps butter
1 large chopped onion
5 ozs of prosciutto sliced 1/8 inch then julienned
2 cups small frozen green peas thawed or fresh,blanched 30secs in salted water(I used frozen)
crushed red chili peppers optional but I did.

1 lb bow tie pasta
1 big pinch of mint or Italian parsley.I used parsley and added some basil.
Grated Parmesan cheese
Crushed pepper.

In a large frypan..heat butter and oil and cook onion until translucent,do not brown.
Add the prosciutto and small peas.Cook 2-3 mins..add crushed chili peppers.
In your large pasta pot cook noodles in salted water following maker’s directions.Drain keeping1/2 ½ cup cooking liquid
Add the mixture of onion,peas and prosciutto..and your parsley or mint..Some cooking liquid to coat the pasta well.

Serve accompanied w/ generous parmesan cheeseJ

It is so delicious!!

10 comments:

  1. I make this, used to make it a lot when I did catering.

    It must be wonderful with the home made prosciutto!
    And soon you can have fresh peas from your garden!
    Did you plant any veggies with the gkids? They love it...When they came this weekend the 5 yo wanted to know if the potatoes were ready to be picked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no doubt they would be pleased to eat this.


    so would I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so very good and easy! I'm sure your homemade prosiutto makes it better and more special. Yum!

    Thanks...Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i will try this tonight...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my kind of recipe! I love making pasta after work - it's usually a quick and easy meal. The petit pois and the prosciutto - that sounds like perfect additions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fun to come home after a day at work and errands in the absolute pouring rain to a now familiar little routine of you guys:)Thanks..Hope you enjoy~

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely dish, so perfect for early summer. And homemade prosciutto - over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very delicious recipe. THanks ;) I have an award for you in my blog, come to take it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds wonderful to me! The homemade prociutto must make it even more delicious :)

    ReplyDelete