Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Polka Dot Shortbread with Pink Lemonade~



They just look like summer to me together..
The book is adorable..a beautifil gift from Mary..Screen Doors and Sweet Tea..




The Polka Dot Shortbreads caught my eye in an instant!



I had just made lemon curd..and had the jam..we always love shortbreads..

It was a must make cookie.



Again I halved the recipe..used a smaller tart pan.. worked very well..
I just can't bake full quantities w/ just the 2 of us and we are careful.



Worth every little polka dot calorie~I gardened for 5 hours ..so even:)

The Recipe~

Polka Dot Shortbread~ Martha Foose.

Screen Doors And Sweet Tea

1 ¾ cups unbleached all purpose flour
¼ cup rice flour
½ cup sugar
½ tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter cold cut into small pieces
½ tsp vanilla
2 tbsps seedless raspberry jam
2 tbsps lemon curd
Preheat oven to 325F

In a food processor fitted with the metal blade pulse flours sugar and salt add the butter and vanilla and pulse to form a ball.


Press the dough into an 8 inch pan w/ removeable bottom.
Score the dough to make 16 wedges.
Bake 10 mins



Meanwhile fill baggies w/ the jam and curd..
Use a dowel(I used the end of a chopstick) and make divots.1/ way through the dough ..

Fill each divot w/ a bit of raspberry and curd..

Return to oven and bake ap 10 mins..Mine took a bit longer..

Don’t get them too dark..just edges.. golden..

Cool in pan on rack.
Remove and cut..
I used a pastry tip..the recipe says just snip the baggie..
They are just darling~



Southern hospitality in a QC home..via Oregon~Merçi!

19 comments:

  1. Lovely, just lovely! You have wonderful ideas and I always find something inspiring at your blog. Thanks for sharing!
    joy c. at grannymountain

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable-looking shortbread! The polka dots look like little faces when cut into individual pieces ;) I'll bet the boys love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shortbread and I love the polka dots -- this may be an afternoon tea snack really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SCREEN DOORS is one of my favorite cookbooks. It's fun to read even if you don't try a single recipe. I'm so glad you tried the polka dot shortbread because I have long been curious about that recipe. They look just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! When I first saw the pictures, I thought they might be M&Ms... but very quickly realized you were much too refined for M&M-studded shortbread! ;) I love the look and sound of this recipe. Lovely, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so cute and delicious looking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monique, you are a passinate patissière. There is nothing left to say... Anja

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful! I will be making this soon for my husbands work. I just love this.
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cheerful and gorgeously displayed...and they sound very good. Interpreted beautifully!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Nana, how fun!

    I like polka dots.
    I like to polka.
    And I most certainly
    like this.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Monique, your shortbreads are so pretty. And your dots are so perfectly placed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're all so positive! It's fun to find cute and delicious things..and I am really glad to share them with you.
    I've loved polka dots since my mom loved polka dots..and dotted swiss ... and eyelet (my wedding dress).. and Pretty Woman:)Remember her in that brown and white polka dot dress?
    As famous as the Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie yellow polka dot bikini:)
    Thanks for liking polka dots too~

    And the book cover alone is as cute as polka dots:)
    Anxious to try more of Martha Foose's refreshingly different recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Didn't mean for my post today to make you sad. It's touching and just so true. My Mom has dementia but thank God she still knows us. My Dad's been gone 15 years but she has forgotten that and just thinks he'll be home shortly. My husband's Aunt B sent this one to me and I wanted to share.
    joy c. at grannymountain

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so pretty!
    I'm waiting for your prociutto & pasta recipe that Dad told me about today to show up in your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm late to the party ~ but you know why...

    Monique, look at you! You found a recipe that I completely overlooked in that book. I'm so happy you've found some keepers in it. :)

    Your beautiful shortbread looks delicious.

    xo~m.

    *I'm waving hello to Noah's Mommy*
    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Je viens de découvrir un vrai bijoux, bravissimo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. m going to make this! tq for such wonderful ideas!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have made the prettiest shortbread that I have seen!!!! I'm inspired! thanks

    ReplyDelete