Thursday, June 25, 2009

Martha's Strawberry Basket Cupcakes~

A friend's wife took ill this weekend and is on the mend !~:)
Yesterday was a National holiday as I mentioned so I made the petal jam..and tried my hand at a few of these to be able to send her one w/ some personalized cookies..and Nana Pinwheels~

It was our HOTTEST day yet..so my baskets started to wilt:) But I refrigerated them right after and they stayed crisp:)

Do you have this book?

Cute cute cute..lots of great info..I had loved her cookie one..the cupcake one is at par :)



Well illustrated..tips..tricks.. I love it.


Playing with Fondant is like playing with play doh.. when I have the time..and the desire..I find it a lot of fun.



C'est le temps des fraises~ It's berry season..so I thought the basket was the perfect theme..

She thought the cookies were sweet.I am so glad I bought that cuter..


It's fun to personalize~

The cupcakes were just a simple white cake recipe..and I used a buttercream icing w/ the number 47 tip f Wilton.
I colored the fondant red and green..shaped and toothpicked the small strawberry accents.

19 comments:

  1. This is a Crazy Fabulous blog!! I'm IN...There's cooking blogs and then there's cooking blogs... This is THE COOKING BLOG, MMMMMmmmm...I'll be back, what are we having tomorrow? xoxo~Kathy@ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely treats for your friend, Monique. Isn't fondant fun to work with? Your little strawberries are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cupcakes, Monique. You are a real artist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. I haven't worked with fondant yet, and I'm so anxious to. Your culinary artistry is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Kathy, this is THE cooking blog for bakers! Beautiful cupcakes and I must do them for Mom and "The Ladies."
    joy c. at grannymountain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your very very nice comments:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that cupcake on foodgawker and I knew it had to be you!!

    They look amazing Monique! I'm going to have to buy that book now.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING. Simple elegant and over the top!! You are so talented:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monique...you da bomb!
    You did a bang up job on that cupcake...I got the book and I do not think I would have the courage to try them...
    Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cupcakes are adorable and look very well made! :)

    Thank you for your kind words on my blog too, you are great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The book! The book is so good!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous! I dream of being able to decorate cakes like this! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How CUTE are they? (And the cookies, & presentations, too!) What cheerful and lovely gifts from the heart, sure to speed recovery.

    Very, very nice Mme. Magical! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful gesture, M! Your cuppy-cake is beau!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just too pretty! You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the cookies and the cakes! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad your friend is on the mend. Your beautiful and thoughtful treats must have helped! I am inspired to work with fondant now, the only problem is they look too pretty to eat!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those cupcakes are amazing... the contrast in the photos was exquisite!!! I agree... they would make anyone feel better!!

    ReplyDelete