Saturday, June 6, 2009

Matcha?

I was curious..



I liked every blog photo I saw that involved Matcha powder..and my husband loves green tea..


I decided to try this recipe..found at Bakerella's out of this world blog..

I love her blog.. Her photos.. her delight in desserts and color and food and photos.
She is unique.


The recipe turned out just the way I thought..I may try zebra style next time:) w/ white chocolate instead of chocolate.






I do like the green and brown together:)

I used a half bundt cake mold..and made half the recipe..



Just right..Had I had some sour cream in the fridge I would have added a dollop!



I can't wait to experiment w/ Matcha in different recipes..Love trying new things!



Any ideas?


PS..A couple of years ago.. I happened upon a really nice young chef..
I even bought his book..
He is smart..talented.. funny.. a "STAR".. and NICE!
We've exchanged a few emails over the years and he has kindly kept me up to date on what he is doing..
Well he has a new food blog and it's beautiful!
The content is well written.. beautifully photographed..and if you start now.. at almost it's beginning..I am certain you will not be disappointed:)

You may recognize him:)

Have fun!

11 comments:

  1. Looks great. Very colourful. I have been looking for matcha powder, but haven't found it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the green and brown together too! It must be healthy with the green tea powder ;) I am so curious about the taste.

    Two delightful sites you linked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definitely tastes like green tea!!

    I found Matcha at Anatol..in Montréal.. a fabulous.. yet dated:) spice etc store..in Little Italy.. but I bet many health food stores would have it..:)
    Have you tried Amazon Marie?
    Good luck:)~
    I can't wait to try the Pitas Susan:) Max's second birthday and christening today all rolled into one so it can't be today:) I need to make the Master again..all out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS Marie! I just quickly peeked at your first blog! I will be back! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ran across a recipe for Matcha in one of my magazines (can't remember what for...) I'll have to find it and send it to you. Vosges Chocolates has a truffle made with it which is Heavenly. I even think the container which holds the Matcha is cute, will have to try to find some at the gourmet market.
    xo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beeeeeeauuuuuutiful Monique...I can just taste it!
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been intrigued with matcha ever since I first spotted some recipes made with it on the photo sites. Your cake looks great! I can't quite imagine the taste of green tea with chocolate (though what doesn't go with chocolate??!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny ..but it does work:)

    I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love ur blog!! the photos are just beautiful!!!. Thanx for dropping by mine. i mite try the matcha cake. hvae never made anything with matcha so its about time i did. it looks soft n moist n I love the lemon tarts u made too...sooo pretty! I'll be back.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've added David, what a great blog he has!

    I've been watching the matcha cakes as well. I may have to give one a go the next time I need something creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will all love David! Try his recipes too.. he's a real charming STAR:)
    Thank you too Zurin..Your Blog w/ the wedding photos and cake etc..exceptional!

    ReplyDelete