Thursday, August 27, 2009

Kate's Panna Cotta~



A velvety smooth creamy sweet summer treat!

Kate was gracious enough to share..I loved the little black vanilla beans specks ..I used my home made vanilla sugar because I am afraid I had no fresh vanilla beans left.Thank goodness I had that.This way the panna cotta stays white and stays vanilla~y:)

It was so sunny ..I had it in the porch for lunch before work on Tuesday~



Thank you Kate~
I just finished this light cute book..


Next..I will reread one of my mom's favorite books~ Bonheur D'Occasion.A timeless treasure here.

Kate's Blog is named: "Serendipity".. which can mean a surprise.. a happy surprise..at times..I thought Ms. Roy's book.. in English could be called that..But it is really too fleeting and to me "Serendipity" remains,stays, lingers..is not compromised...D'Occasion means ..on occasion.. So it is ..really happiness.. On Occasion.. or in opportune moments..or as a surprise, however so fleeting for the author and her book.
It just happened that the dessert:) And the book came together on the same day and worked in my mind~
On my bookshelves..it is a favorite..w/out it's cover... along with Toi Et Moi de Paul Géraldy~..and a vintage collection of very pretty books of my mom's.

If you read descriptions of this book..you will see that many thought the same as I..albeit for "On Occasion"..I still think it's the best translation..not proper perhaps..but for someone like me...on target.

18 comments:

  1. Kate's Panna Cotta looks so summery and delicious, and you've presented it so beautifully, Monique.

    Your photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy..I am glad you like them..I found it so sunny I didn't think it did her beautiful Panna Cottas justice..but had to rush off to the office.
    Thank you.Her photo inspired me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Une vraie merveille pleine de raffinement, la photo est superbe

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty AGAIN and AGAIN...and AGAIN..there is indeed no end to your lovely photos and food Monique.

    I love panna cotta too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I can imagine the vintage collection of your mother's books. How lucky you are. It must be a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you serve Panna Cotta this way - very elegant - very French. It would be great on a picnic in the garden.
    Cheers,
    Ry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, j'aime. I love the way you've presented this. What a fabulous idea. I love the title of the book as well. I may have to see if I can find it around here. This is such a sweet post--Thank you. Bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. M... Oh, that looks so special...For a little ME time lunch...Love the dragon fly in the photo....I need to take lessons from my daughters soon to learn these sweet little tricks with the editing... I loved your sweet tag and will I leave mine?...that all depends on how much the new owner ohh's and aahhhs over them, Ha! I should certainly leave them if she loves them... come see my leaf!!!! xoxo~Kathy~ @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...I shall search for the book...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never had panna cotta I am embarrassed to say! You make it look so beautiful. I love the subtitle on the Vintage Affair book :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! That's beautiful! Off to read the recipe....

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous photos - how lucky try to something so good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that looks lovely! it is such a cool idea to serve it in a jar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. C'est beau! Perfect presentation and photography (as always.)

    Memories of our mothers touch my heart. So special.

    Such a delightful post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love pana cotta. Love your presentation. I did get my Brigette cutter. Come visit and see what I did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Monique, what a beautiful and unique way to serve your pana cotta.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My daughter just asked for pana cotta and then I see it on your blog :) I guess I have no excuses not to make it! Haha ... the only challenge is making it as beautiful as yours, because she saw your gorgeous creation and I am sure, will be expecting the same of me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Panna Cotta, and I like how you put the panna cotta in a beautifully decorated jar :).

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would read that book, just on the cover alone!

    ReplyDelete