Saturday, August 29, 2009

Si Bonnes~So Good~


These "tartelettes" are delicious...

I served them for lunch for my daughter and son-in-law..and as an apéro for Jacques last night..:)


It is from here~Her creations are always beautifully executed.

I used my favorite H de P from one of my markets in France..


The onion confit is one of the best I have made~



I think it is because of the raspberry wine vinegar.:)

La Recette:

Store bought or home made puff pastry

Goat Cheese
Toasted Pine Nuts
Onion Confit
Salt and Papper
Fine Herbs.

For the onion confit..



500 g red onions
50 ml raspberry vinegar
2 tbsps EVOO
2 tbsps cane sugar
Salt and pepper

Slice onions into thin strips. Warm EVOO in a sauté pan and soften the onions
Sprinkle sugar, mix and add vinegar. Add salt and pepper and leave to simmer on low to become a compote.. confit... .It should become a deep color..mine stayed quite light..and it was still delicious.
Place in a hermetically sealed jar and keep in fridge..

Cut your puff pastry w/ a cookie/pastry cutter...preferably w/ scaloped edges.. prick w/ fork.. add onion confit..top w/ a nice rondelle of goat cheese..sprinkle with herbs and toasted pine nuts..Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at ap 375-400 until golden ..(About 20 mins)..
You can serve as a meal w/ a salad like I did w/ my daughter..or alone as an apéro..



Simple and flavorful.

22 comments:

  1. The ingredients look simple, but the tartelette looks indeed appetising and gorgeous...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy Monique...I am on "holiday" at our cottage, perusing recipes:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to substitute a different cheese (goataphobia) but I like the sound of everything else and how pretty it looks! The onions with raspberry vinegar sound expecially good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peut être simple mais avec une bonne salade craquante, on doit passer un excellent moment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple, yes, but absolutely delicious! Thanks again for lunch mom ... and for babysitting Noah :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...these look delightful! My husband would love these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favorite kind of food--a few good ingredients treated very well. I LOVE goat cheese. This will appear on my table very soon. THANKS!

    P.S. Your link to "amusesbouche.canalblog." didn't work for me. Maybe I did something wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely Mme. M.

    Your family and nearby friends are so lucky. And we, who are not so close, are lucky as well because you share so generously (and beautifully.)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful layering of some of my favorites. I would love to try the onion confit, it sounds so simple, yet tasty. This is such a lovely light lunch...lucky family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. M...I always feel like I've stopped by a different world when I am here...I must try this. Your family is always very complimentry when you cook for them!! I would be too! Hope you and Noah had the best time together, xoxo~Kathy~ @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how simple yet gourmet this is!!! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a beautiful blog. Where are you from?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so lovely...I love goat cheese and puff pastry with caramelized onions...I must try this confit...it looks so beautiful and pink!
    Just Beautiful M.
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those look incredibly delicious nana. I've done something quite similar. Isn't puff pastry a wonderful thing to have in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Truly I want to live at your house to eat like this everyday oh my what a treat. Have to try this recipe I adore goats cheese. Husband will eat out that night not a goats cheese fan oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the mix of textures and flavors is absolutely extraordinary. awesome pictures as well...

    ReplyDelete
  17. those look incredibly delicious and the onion confit? that is what i'm talkin'about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for you nice comments..

    Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another beauty. gorgeous...your foods are just too beautiful to eat Monique.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your family is very lucky, Monique :) I agree with Zurin ... too beautiful to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't been around for some time, but what a delight to catch up on your beautiful blog...all your nice photos, good writings, and appetizing recipes, especially this petite tartelette, absolutely my kind of food!
    ronelle

    ReplyDelete